Thursday, August 11, 2005

Redux: What A Wonderful World

I see trees of green........ red roses too
I see ’em bloom..... for me and for you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.

The colors of a rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..going by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin’.. how do you do
They’re really sayin’......i love you.

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
They’ll learn much more.....than I’ll never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world


Louis Armstrong--could anyone sing it better. Come join us in this fight and help someone else think . . . what a wonderful world.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I have this on my daily playlist...it used to be one of my mom's favorites and it have become one of mine as well. And it IS a wonderful world..isn't it? An artist's world is always wonderful, ya know :)

Trée said...

Always on my playlist too. One song I never tire of hearing. And yes, it is a wonderful world. :)

Anonymous said...

have you ever heard the version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (bruddah Iz), he is a wonderful Hawaiian artist who unfortunately is no longer with us. It is a wonderful version of the song.

Trée said...

mergrl, I have that version on my iPod (beautiful cover)in addition to two different versions by Armstrong. I can never hear this song too much.

Congrats on your program. The first few days are always the hardest. Good job.

Anonymous said...

That was cool.

Anonymous said...

One of my favourites too.
The message comes across in everything, the music, Louis' voice, the lyrics - does something magical to the heart.
Have been away - will log onto that website today and have a look round. Thanks for talking down ;o).

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...and colorful. :) Inspiring and peaceful.

That wonderful song always puts me in a state of reverie. So nice.