Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Max Override joins Andrax as mate #102

Max, as I posted on the Voodoo forums, I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to have you join our team. So many of our members either own a Voodoo computer or want to own one and our community is strong on those boards. To have you join us sends such a good message I cannot begin to think how much good your example will do. Needless to say, we are thrilled to have you onboard.

Max hails from Canada and works for Voodoo, a maker of the most beautiful boutique personal computers made anywhere in the world. Many of our mates hang out on the Voodoo forums and we have a long standing thread there on Team Andrax and our fight. As many as perhaps 30 or 40 of our mates first heard about our team from those forums, including myself. Thanks JC for being such a strong voice for this great cause.

Once again, welcome to our fabulous international cancer fighting team Max! I know from the care and concern you display on the mutthaboards in support of Voodoo customers that your heart is in the right place, and once again we have found a mate that makes us better.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max Override, it is great to know that you joined this Team!

And you rock as a Mod at VooDoo PC as well! :)

JC

Anonymous said...

Thanks folks.

Figured I should do my part. :)
My mum lost her best friend to Cancer at the age of 33. At that point, she had cancer of the 'everything'. :(

A very close and dear friend of mine lost his mother about 5 years ago aswell.

So if a couple of spare CPU cycles helps bring us closer to a cure, then count me in.

Not like we don't have the machines to run it on. (Presently running it on two.)


Max O.

Trée said...

Max, 33 is so young. I'm 42 and I cannot imagine not having had the last nine years or, knock on wood, the next 42.

About six years ago a friend of mine from work, (36 newly married, just bought a house and a new born baby) after four operations lost his fight with cancer.

In the first operation the doctors removed a 36 pound tumor from Jim's midsection. He never really ever recovered. They went back in three more times and still the cancer returned.

After the fourth, they told him that was it--no more operations. Like my father, he was sent home to get his affairs in order.

Max, I'll say it again. Welcome to the team. Cancer takes no holidays and neither does this fantastic international team.

Anonymous said...

That is true, but there are some happy stories.

My aunt, back in Scotland, had a toumer in her head. (Mioma I think it is called...or something like that.)

Turns out the survival rate is about 5 to 25% after the first 5 years. (Going from memmory here.)

Well, for her it has been over 15 years with her current (And, I beliive, experimental medication.) Her doctor said she hold the unofficial world record for survival.

So there is light and the end of this tunnel. :)

MaxO

Trée said...

Max, that is a great story. Thanks for sharing. At times I feel pushed by the tragedies and at other times pulled upward by the inspirational success stories. Thanks for pulling me up. See, just joined and you have already made a positive contribution--;)

Good post my friend.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the team, Max :D

And sweet Trée, there are no ups without the downs. But there's no winners without the supporters either. So in the end it's very rewarding.

As for age...unfortunately cancer have no age limits.

Trée said...

Christa, well said my sweet dear friend.

Anonymous said...

Yo Max!


Really really good to have you with us!




-oVo

Anonymous said...

Ok, just *who* is oVo? LOL!
j/k

'sup, oVo? ;-)

JC