Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Gone Away

I surf a lot of blogs. Too many actually and I'm sure the habit will slowly start to wane. My marriage depends on it and my eyes will surely thank me too. At the risk of hyperbole, of the thousands of sites I've perused, one stands apart. Clive Allen's Gone Away. The man simply knows how to write.

Rare is the post, that upon reading it I'm stunned at the craftsmanship such that I can't recall what the post was about. I have to reread it for content and guard against the seductive power of a sentence well-turned.

When Clive publishes his book, I will buy it, sight unseen, content not known. And I won't care. To watch a master at work with words is a joy in itself. If the content is of interest to me--I'll consider it a bonus. One day, I would like to say I could write in this man's shadow. Right now, I've got my telescope out.

Oh, and should anyone think this post is simply payback for the link and the kind words Clive posted on Gone Away today, look at my last comment of my Peace post. This post came close to making it "live" last night. So, overdue and looking suspicious, I stand on my soapbox, naysayers be damned--lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have been in bed hours ago and you are to blame for me still being sat here in front of the computer - you recommended "Gone Away", I went to have a look, and had real difficulty getting back out!
I'm almost scared to go back, but won't be able to help myself.
:o)

Trée said...

If you wanted someone to put you to bed you should have asked ;-)

Clive is good, even for a Brit--lol.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed Clive's "Gone Away" blog ever since I discovered it.

He is indeed a fine writer, and has a wonderful spirit.

Trée said...

Marti, I agree wholeheartedly on both accounts. Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, Trée. Much appreciated. :)

Trée said...

Clive, my pleasure.