Friday, August 05, 2005

18 Hours and counting . . .

Water warms to the touch and the sand welcomes the soles with a beautiful velvet clay-like texture. Nature's red carpet, it neither judges nor rushes.

Smell of salt in the air with a cool breeze coming from the south. A few privileged seagulls and the ocean gently lapping the shore, reminding me of her immeasurable charms, supply the only audible sounds.

Sun warms the skin with a soothing constant presence that lulls one to sleep with lazy indulgence and dreams of delightful empty agendas. Nothing to do, a phrase seldom uttered, yet, today, held in my mind like a precious jewel, rolling it over and over, contemplating its implications.

The sky reflects the deep blue depths of the ocean with a few interloping clouds plying us with a few moments of respite. One can see clearly to the horizon.

Next to me lies a bucket of ice-cold longnecks, glistening with beads of anticipation, not long for this world. Won't be long now, as the days have slipped to hours and the hours slip toward departure.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the sunscreen! Have a great time and save of wonderful stories to share withg us.

Trée said...

Juney, with a little luck I should be able to keep the blog updated next week. Here's hoping for good weather. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a great post. Thanks for the visual and taking me away for a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous... Now I want to go to a beach.

Anonymous said...

You are a commercial waiting to happen!!! =) Sounds like a good time!!

Anonymous said...

lol...you tease...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was beautiful... I could actually see myself in that paradise. Gosh, how I love the ocean...

Trée said...

Mmm, never been called a tease before . . . ;)

Anonymous said...

wow what a beautiful picture and description (stomps feet) I WANNA GO SOMEWHERE LIKE THAT :0)

Anonymous said...

There's a first time for everything :D

Trée said...

Lmao, you are right about that Christa :)

loomis, thanks for the kind words.

yemanja, come on down, we have plenty of room--not sure how happy the wife would be, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it--lol

mergrl, bring some Corona's and you're in ;)

CC, thanks for the kind words, always appreciated.

Anna, thanks for dropping by, hope to see you around again :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Thanks for the invite! But yeah, I don't think the wife would be to pleased.... ;) Very sweet of you to offer though... Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Corona's with lime coming up LOL

Trée said...

mergrl, I'm impressed. I didn't even mention the limes. I like your proactive attitude! You little problem-solver you. Special place on the beach reserved--lol.

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Picture AND words! You are a whole SERIES of commercials waiting to happen! Perhaps you should present yourself and this blog to the local tourism bureau!

Have a GREAT time!

Trée said...

Thx mama mouse, very kind words indeed.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was like a meditation session. Have a relaxing, blissful experience.
(And to answer your question, switching over was seamless. Blogs-About Hosting did it for me. Even included my blogroll and all my links/buttons in the sidebar. Even the clock! I highly recommend them.)

Trée said...

Cathrine, thanks for the response. I really like the features WP gives you. You've got a great blog and now it's all the better. Mmm . . . may have to think about a change.