Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Imagine

Imagine . . .

There is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400.

It carries over no balance from day to day.

Every evening, it deletes what you failed to use during the day.

What would you do?

Use all of it, of course . . .

Each of us has such a bank.

Its name is time

Every morning it credits you with 86,400 seconds.

Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.

It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.

Each day it opens a new account for you.

Each night it burns the remains of the day.

If you fail to use the day's deposit . . . the loss is yours.

There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow."

You must live in the present on today's deposits.

Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success.

The clock is running . . . make the most of today.

Take responsibility for your own happiness . . . now.

Enjoy life. Now.



To see the above set to music and a slide show go Here

Scott's Time movie has been viewed over 1,500,000 times since October 2003 in over 120 countries. Enjoy.

If you like the music on the slideshow, the artist Fisher has the vocal version availible for download--free. Go here Fisher and click the music link. The song is called I Will Love You

By the way, if anyone remembers the Nike "Magnet" commercial from last year where they showed Lance riding across the country on his bike (with geese, buffalo, bats, in front of a children's cancer ward, etc.), Kathy Fisher is the artist who's vocals you hear. I can send a link to anyone interested in the mp3 90 second version of the music.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful piece of text. Can't really describe life in any better way, can you?

Trée said...

Christa, I've seen the Time movie 20 or so times and yet with each viewing, the simplicity of the message just flat out enthralls me. I've never started the slide show without watching the whole thing.

Glad you enjoyed it ;)

How was your trip today? Any magnificent photos we might be seeing soon on WebArt?

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Brilliant hook with the question about money. I was still thinking about how I'd spend it when I came to the switch to time. Very clever and very thought-provoking.

Unfortunately, I can't do the multimedia thing - the computer I'm having to use at the moment is ancient and just falls over if I attempt things like that. Guess I miss out on a lot, huh?

Anonymous said...

There's already a magnificant photo on the main page ;) The trip was hot and sticky and if you excuse my language...my left hip and back are burning themselves to f****g ashes tonight. A long hiking and the heat does that to my nervous system.
I need one big huge drink tonight.

But other than that it's been a great day :D And there's more photo's in the gallery at WebArt too.

Trée said...

Clive, first thanks for stopping by. I appreciate very much that you follow your own advice ;)

The movie adds music and picture postcards to the words. If you have a good imagination you'll be fine--lol.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Trée, and right on cue - I wasted away approximately the last 4380 today.

Trée said...

Autumn :)

Anonymous said...

Tree,

Can I copy and paste the Imagine poem onto my blog?
It's meaningful and I want to be able to look at it to remind and motivate myself.

Trée said...

Saffron, absolutely. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... The words are just perfect. I have recently been asking myself where I am in my life and all... Everybody does that once in a while, right?
And then, here those words came across my way (thanks to you Tree). It just feels real as I read it, contemplate it, chew on it, digest it and relish it again. Just great!

'86,400 seconds' will be engraved in my mind for a while for sure.

I have just downloaded all the songs of Fisher, too! Her songs are beautiful! Also, I'll try to pass it onto as many friends of mine as I can. I am sure they'll all appreciate it greatly.

Anonymous said...

Correction - THEIR songs are beautiful. HER voice is fantastic. It slightly reminds me of Sarah McLachlan, though. Cheers!

Trée said...

Venturous, she is a beautiful woman with an amazing voice. I hope they have more commercial success.

Anonymous said...

You were right, Trée - I managed to see the whole slide show. Very beautiful.

And as for practising what I preach, I find that the trick is to practise before I preach. ;)

Trée said...

Clive, so nice to see a return visit. I loved your piece a week or so ago on blogging and since then have eliminated, not all, but a ton of useless stuff that was making my page slow to load. I still love my flags and I post a ton of pics, but heck I gotta keep a couple of vices--lol.

Glad you were able to see the slide show. I've seen many variations of the Time movie but they all fall just a bit short. Take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

So beautifully put... It's really amazing when you think about it, isn't Tree?

Anonymous said...

That was a a beautiful piece of text!

Loved the flash as well; downloaded the mp3 as well. Outstanding! :)

JC

Trée said...

JC, glad you enjoyed it. I can never seem to read it enough.

Anonymous said...

Trée - all I can say is wow. Truer words have never been spoken. I must have missed this post, but our mutual pal Autumn forwarded me the link after reading something I posted about the meaning of time and making the most of it... Thank you for sharing those words!

Trée said...

Justin, your kind words are much appreciated. Nice to see you post here and hope to see you again my friend.