Thursday, March 19, 2009

Robins and Doves

Robins come by ones
Doves always by twos and
the squirrels
well
they just come like hellions

As I sit quietly
and just listen
I see a world
that works
whether I do
or not

Cardinals, wrens, titmouses
sparrows, doves and robins
and occasionally,
the lone red-headed
woodpecker

If you look
and listen
you notice the most
obvious thing
which because you
had not noticed
before
makes you smile

each bird has a
very distinctive
flight signature

if you listen carefully
after awhile
you don't need eyes
to see the birds
but I will tell you this
I'd rather be a dove
than a robin

8 comments:

Frequent Traveler said...

Beautiful once again, Tree. I love watching nature like that...
And yes, tis much better to be a dove, part of two...
(hugs)

Trée said...

Annie, I'll take those hugs. As always, thanks for the kind words. And thanks for checking in. Always a pleasure to have you stopping by. :-)

Mona said...

Indeed , each kind has a 'personality' :)

Tree, Thank you for your prayers for my family! I appreciate it very much!

There are ducks that come from God knows where each day to swim in my sister's pool! :)

Trée said...

Mona, least I could do. :-)

j said...

Hellion squirrels - that's a fabulous description and made me grin!

Trée said...

Jen, if you saw the squirrels in my backyard fighting over the birdseeds, you'd know they were hellions. :-D

Ms Storm said...

:-) Entirely lovely in every which way, bless your sweet grounded heart, whatever else I could say would be this sentiment translated into more words.

Trée said...

Thank you Ms Storm. :-)