Monday, March 23, 2009

Casting Pen

Write and release
write and release
write some more
and into the gentle
waves of light,
release

I would like to
to look back
I would like to see
the words
in flight

I can't

the fear
too great
the doubt
too fast

so
I write
faster
and
release
quicker

casting pen
forward
forever forward
in imagination's
blue
well

if only . . .

I rotate
my ice
twirling the
time

if perchance . . .

amber lifted
glass gaveled
on wood

I could
with lance

do the
same

with
my
days

2 comments:

Ms Storm said...

It is true of all of them but for this poem in particular, as with another recently commented upon, I long to hear it read. Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow, it is the part in the middle, the if only...time and perchance...wood that underscores the score so to speak, the melodious inflections within this piece. I love the shifting tones that the language (and techniques) produces. Excellent piece of writing, admittedly the list is long, but it is on the favourites. And when these days have changed and there are other days, these words may be easier to visit, and as reader I can reveal that you as the same could only be as wowed.

Trée said...

As always, Ms Storm, thank you.