Friday, March 06, 2009

656. Metaphorical Lariat

"What are you thinking?" asked Yul.

"Nothing," said Rog.

"Bullshite. I know that look."

"Ok, you really want to know?"

"No, I just like talkin' to myself."

"Okay."

Loud laughter. "You funny."

"Yep."

"Okay, spill it."

"You can't handle what I'm thinking. Just trying to protect you."

Yul pulled her sweater over her head. "If you ever want to protect these again, I suggest you reconsider."

With a wide-eyed sigh, Rog said, "I was thinking you were the kiss caressing my soul, breathing life into my hide like spit and polish, the soil between my toes, the lips upon my lobe, the saddle for my ride."

Yul drew the words in like breath. "Well lasso my arse with your metaphorical lariat."

"What?"

"Just shut up and frail me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one was fun. Made me smile. ;-)

Ms Storm said...

Agree, ear to ear smile just sitting here loving the two of them and thinking if not for you, we would not have had the pleasure. If not for you, neither would they. :-) Natural as natural can be, I feel like Von watching Yul bless Rog's hide (was that at the Karaoke?), definitively them, their contented, habitual interplay encircling those near (or secretly listening) into the felicity. Ear to ear :-), perfect chapter.

Anonymous said...

Ms Storm, I listen to your comments with a soft, dusky voice in my head. I suppose I need to read about the karaoke. ;-)