Monday, March 30, 2009

Peace

I saw the divine face
peace personified
and as if a wave
washed over me
everything I knew
fell
fell away

The falling was not
a falling away
but a falling toward
a falling into
the divine pool
where everything is clear
everything is
just is
perfectly
is

The breathing is all
a gentle breathing of life
of being breathed
and held
and cleansed
of all
that is not

The peace is as a light
from within
a knowing
an intelligence
a force without force
a power exponential
of arms holding
without arms
of eyes looking
without eyes
of a truth so bright
so light
so white
there is a floating
without floating
a knowing without
mind
a beating without
heart
a touch without
fingers
and what was before
is as the night
before dawn

4 comments:

Mona said...

This is one of your most beautiful pieces!

Indeed in the spiritual world, we seek not to fill ourselves with wordly knowledge, but to empty out the trash that we have collected over the years that we have lived.

The analogy is that of a well. The more you dig, empty out the rocks and the dirt, you will finally reach clear and pure water and it will be overflowing and never go dry!

This is the power of emptying, this is the power of a Zero!

Trée said...

Thank you Mona. This one was written in peace. I am happy you enjoyed it. :-)

Autumn said...

Open, as open can be, simple, pure, present, I've been sitting here with this post for about ten minutes and all I can think to say is that it nourished, bred clarity, harmony, quiet.

Trée said...

This is a special one. As real to me as it probably is abstract to everyone else. I forget to breathe sometimes, when I read it.