Friday, April 16, 2010

744. a world unseen

Em: (with Trev, in bed) You're awful quiet tonight.

Trev: Kinda quiet most nights, don't you think?

Em: Yeah . . . but not like this.

Trev: What does that mean, not like this?

Em: Like a storm on the horizon quiet. I can't hear it, but the restlessness is there. I see it in your eyes, the way your arm is resting behind your head, even in the rising and falling of your chest.

Trev: Wow, maybe I need some oculars like that.

Em: Baby, it's not what I see. It's what I feel, the energy, tone, ambience of your aura.

Trev: How so?

Em: Well, you're just lying there.

Trev: Yeah?

Em: Well, I'm right here.

Trev: (sighs)

Em: And you are right there.

Trev: (closes eyes)

Em: And I feel as if between us, a world unseen.

Trev: Oh baby--

Em: Talk to me.

3 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

Deep sympathetic and understanding sigh!

Trée said...

Those are the best kind. :-)

Autumn said...

To know each other so well, be so aware that the slightest shifts can be felt by the other, there is such an ethereal beauty and quality thereto. Any hint of a tear, of disconnection, unbearable. There is the suggestion she might read something he has yet to acknowledge, become consciously aware of, likewise that he perhaps had hoped to hide, at least for now, but the tone of the chapter seems more directed towards his realizing just how harmonized their hearts and souls have become.