Sunday, April 11, 2010

735. of joy and fear

With each morning there is joy and fear. The joy of watching her wake and the fear that all we had just the night before, will be gone. The moment seems magical, when her eyes first open and I wait, just a moment, but in that moment, between eye and smile, an eternity, of my life in the balance. And so each day, I feel reborn. With a smile lost in sheets of white, framed of golden hair and blue eyes. And then the joy and maybe a little coffee and the rubbing of sleep and the sharing of dreams and the overwhelming sense of nature, of the unhued face, of knees pulled into the chest and the steam of a mug rising as mist, as dawn, as the day outside our window. And again, everything seems brighter.


from Trev's journal

7 comments:

Smiler said...

And again, everything seems brighter.

Hallelujah!

p.s. just added you as a contributor on the blogroll. Look out for an invite soon!

Lady of the Lakes said...

Nice image.

Unfortunately that fear comes with love. The fear we will forever lose something that is a part of us. I believe that is part of what love is about. It's a gift to find that special person, but you can never take them for granted. Everyone has the need to feel wanted, and if that disappears, the love can also. No One ever said it was easy, but if your with someone you love, it's easier.

Okay, i went back and read my comment and I'm not sure it says what I mean. If you only knew how difficult writing is for someone that has no creativity at all...ARGH...

TIGHT HUGS/MWAH

XOXOXOXO

hhHHH

Autumn said...

So lovely.
Our Vancouver friend used to speak of her daughter Meg as her heart living outside of her body, remember? That simple phrasing will stay with me always, so simple and so true, this is what it is to love, the joy and the fear, together, balance. Without the one, we could never truly appreciate the other. Lovely post.

Roxana said...

this is simply wonderful - i keep coming back to it, for me it contains the whole world...

Trée said...

Oh Roxana, how wonderful to see you stopping by again. I hope and trust everything is good and well in your world. Hugs to you my friend. And thanks, as always, for the very kind words. :-)

Roxana said...

oh but i always read you in my Google reader, even if i don't always have the words to comment...

a spring hug back to you, dear Trée :-)

Trée said...

Roxana, your words are like a hug that squeezes the sighs out of me. Thank you my dear beautiful woman! Mwah!