Thursday, April 15, 2010

740. of maps and people

Em: Baby, where do you want to go today?

Trev: Wherever you want.

Em: I know, but I want to know where you want to go.

Trev: You are my location, my longitude and latitude. So you see, no matter where we go, no matter what we do, if we are doing it together, I'm home.

Em: So sweet.

Trev: When we are sitting at a table, in town, and all about us the village is bustling, life living in all its wonderful cacophony of voice and cobble, of leather and glass, all I see, all I hear, is you. But even that is not it. What I see entire, is us. As the little boy responded to his father when he had put the map back together so quickly (on the other side of the map his father had given him was the picture of a person, a map his father had torn from a magazine and then torn into puzzle pieces for his son to put back together so he could have a few more minutes to finish his own work), when the person is right, the world is right.

Em: So is your world right?

Trev: (smiles) What do you think?

4 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

The image fits this post beautifully.

I had to laugh when I read the first line. Before I opened this, I was thinking to myself..."Where can I go to get away from everything, everyone, someplace where I would never be found. Somewhere that I could feel free...free to be whomever I want, and do whatever I want. Free from responsibility.

What a wonderful post. I see Em and Trev as being 2 pieces of a puzzle...the last 2 pieces, and having found each other, and then being able to "interlock".

Thanks for the loving memory, and I hope the weather there is as gorgeous as it is here. Have a wonderful, harmonious and peaceful day.

TIGHT HUGS and SOFT KISSES

hhHH

Trée said...

LotL, thanks for the wonderful and insightful comment. To quote the title of perhaps my favorite book of all time, Wherever You Go, There You Are. :-D

Gonna get warm today, but the skies are blue and I've got 300 more grass plugs to plug calling my name. Sending you tight hugs. As always, thanks for reading and thanks for commenting. And you know what? I have a very good feeling good things are going to happen in Boston. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Oh how I do love this post entire! My goodness, only a hug would show you how much I loved this post. when the person is right, the world is right is gracefully omniscient and the sentiment within no matter where we go, no matter what we do, if we are doing it together, I'm home expressed with candor, what one falls in love with as reader is he, she and them. The conversation is so tangible (well written), I hear voices, I see smiles, I watch their eyes, I see the love flowing between them, how completely present they are with one another. I would love to be able to describe for you how intense and stirring your writing is, truthfully I know not where to begin. This post is so beautiful, I took pause before commenting and was still too consumed by the loveliness to write.

Trée said...

My dearest Sunshine, how my heart aches to read these posts through your eyes. As I've said so many times, for a writer to see his writing as others is near impossible. So in a way, I am blind and in a way, you and everyone else who comments, are my eyes--and in this way, I cannot find the words to express the love and fortune for every single comment, for whatever reason fate put you across my path. :-)