Saturday, April 03, 2010

722. eucalyptus

Em laid chest down upon sheets clean and white, the room quiet but for his movements of leaf and oil; and from the window, a gentle warm breeze carried the throated song, melodic. Wind chimes chimed of wood and metal hollow of flute, and among it all, eucalyptus oil warmed of candle, warmed of hand, his hands, glistening firm in intent, desire, of natural education, natural as the song of bough and branch, as bamboo calling, as the plying of his fingers into her flesh.

With practiced care, he laid deflowered leaves upon her swimming back, the warmth radiating tired muscles pliable. The sharp aroma of leaf laid and oil heated rose clean as sincerity enlarging nostril and nape, expanding time and peace with each enlarging breath. And so she laid and so he worked, each stroke a poem speaking what could not be said.

The dross of the day, sighed, released, squeezed from muscle by muscle, limb by limb as fingers replaced leaf and the heat of ply weaved verse to stop the bee, pause the flower and make stars fall of dying light.

4 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

Your writing is excellent. You have such a natural ability to describe a scene with such feeling, such emotion. All anyone has to do is read, and allow the written words to flow into them. I always seem to feel the emotion, as if I were a part of "whatever" is going on. I guess that is why I love when you write of Em and Trev. I am captured, encapsulated as though I am a part of them. The raw emotions you invoke within is absolutely amazing. I think I could use some strong hands and eucalyptus oil...sigh.

TIGHT HUGS
MWAH

hhHHH

Autumn Storm said...

I love the silence of this scene so much, beyond words.
And the romanticism of the last words laid a trail from eye to chin bridged by a smile.
Simply.

snowelf said...

Good morning Tree,

What a fabulous post. I can feel the flexing of muscles in every detail.

I also love your blog template very much. Gorgeous all over.

Happy Easter,

--snow

Trée said...

LotL, Autumn and Snow:

Happy Easter! Mwah!