Friday, September 01, 2006

145. Fire in the Hole

“This is Red Leader. We have target lock. Request permission to fire.”

“Permission granted Red Leader. Fire at will, fire without mercy,” responded Kulmyk command.

“Roger, commencing firing procedure.”

“Holy Shiott, what was that?” asked Yul trying to regain her balance.

“Not good,” said Kyra. “Sounded like an external explosion. Trev, are you picking up anything?”

“Give me just a sec,” said Trev. “Kyra, can you hear me?”

“Loud and clear Trev. What’s up?”

“Appears we’re not alone. Two small craft, unidentified with apparent hostile intent.”

Before Kyra could respond another loud explosion knocked everyone to the floor.

“Papa, can I help?” asked Kyra.

“Absolutely. Come take the handle and gently tip the nozzle letting the water nourish those flowers to your right,” said Papa.

“Why do you water these flowers everyday Papa?”

“Whatever you water grows my dear sweet child. Water the love and joy and compassion in your heart and watch them grow. Likewise, water anger, bitterness and resentment, and they too will flourish. Ask yourself, each morning--”

“Kyra, Kyra, wake up,” yelled Yul, shaking her by the arm. The last series of explosions had thrown Kyra into the wall, knocking her unconscious. Smoke began to fill the corridor. Alarms blared. Breathing became difficult and eyes watered.

“Where is Rog? asked Kyra, slowly opening her eyes.

“Von is bringing him back.”

“And Mairi?”

“We don’t know.”

Categories: Story, Kyra, Yul, Papa, Trev

6 comments:

tsduff said...

Great interaction of multiple goings on... makes you slow down to read it. That image is a vivid, electric, adrenelin starter. Cliff hanger for the weekend?

Trée said...

Thanks Terry. I have C this weekend so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to move the story, although I would like to post one more short bit to kinda tie up what has happened to Mairi and what happens to the main vessel under the attack from the Vollmonds.

ChickyBabe said...

Whoa! This image reminds me of a background to a cabaret show in Paris (not that I've seen one).

Trée said...

Chicky, I haven't seen one either. Meet me in Paris and we can exchange cherries.

Anonymous said...

Ohh ohh ohh, new levels of excitement! And an explosive image to go with it. Yum, getting quite the fix today. Not least with a little of Papa's wisdom thrown in, not just what he says, but the way he says it. He's a gem!
Autumn

Trée said...

Hey You! Glad you are enjoying Papa as much as I am. I've been leaning to bringing some more of "Zeke" into the story, but I kinda like Papa a little too much. :-D

Thanks so much for the update on your dad. I'm so very happy he has been able to go home and I can only imagine how excited you all are at having him home again. Sounds like is doing doing very well and progressing as hoped for. That is good news indeed.

As always my dear sweetest one, for kind and thoughtful comments are very much appreciated. :-)

Poppet