Saturday, September 02, 2006

Growing Pains

As I tried to leave a comment on Terry's blog a few minutes ago, I was confronted with this message from Blogger:

Account Moved to a Google Account

The account you've just logged in with, tgeorge123, has been merged with the Google Account decadenttranquility-AT-gmail.com.

You will need to log in to the new version of Blogger in beta with your Google Account.

Log in to the Blogger beta

Unfortunately, you cannot post a comment on a non-beta blog or claim a mobile blog using your Google Account. These features are coming soon.


Seems there are a few growing pains with the transition to beta.blogger. If you don't see me commenting on your blog, please know it is not from lack of trying. Jenni, I had this problem with your site a few days ago although I was able to leave a comment on Autumn's site this morning. Soon, I hope, Blogger will sort out commenting issues as they transition to the new Blogger.

Update:

Apparently, Anon comments will still work, both ways, if Blogger refuses to cooperate, which seems to be hit and miss.

9 comments:

tsduff said...

~Whew~... glad to hear you are still around - like I said: I'll be watching you deal with all the growing pains before I take the leap to Beta... I'm such a wimp

Thanks for the nice comment, Annon! :-)

Trée said...

Terry, I really, really like what I see of beta.blogger and I would not want to go back now that I've gotten use to the new features. I was aware that sooner or later there might be a problem with commenting between old blogger blogs and those making the transition to beta. How long this continues to be an issue, who knows. At the very least, we can still comment back and forth as Anon until everything gets sorted.

Trée said...

At least I can be me on my own blog! LMAO, doesn't take much to amuse me does it. :-D

Anonymous said...

Well I tried, but it ate my comment. Try one more time. The story is going great, and I have loved the Fractals.

TotalChaos

Trée said...

Thanks DJB. I appreciate the effort to leave a comment. I've had the same thing happen at other places. Hopefully, Blogger will sort this out sooner rather than later.

Stargazer said...

Hiya Trée, I'm sure the beta blogger bugs will work out. How are the new templates?

Trée said...

Deb, they haven't rolled out the "new templates" yet, but the changes they have made to the way the templates work is fantastic and light years ahead of the old system. In short, you can change layout, colors, fonts on the fly without knowing any code whatsoever. And everything updates immeadiately--no more waiting to publish! Everything is drop and drag now. I do love the new archive system, which they give you three different ways to choose from. No doubt, this version of blogger kicks arse vis-a-vis the old blogger. Sooner or later, we'll all be using it. I'd like my comments working for everyone sooner as you might imagine. :-D

If you have the chance to convert, I wouldn't hesitate. Even with the bugs in this beta release, I just love the new features too much to ever want to go back.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post and all your others! I could not comment on your post yesterday and did not know why. I was going to say that the graphic and story were great. But then that is what I usually say. So much for being original. Must investigate upgrading to the beta version. Sounds like fun.

Dzeni (It says it can't deal with my request if I do the sign in thing!)

Anonymous said...

I'm testing your comments to see if it works! Happy Sunday sweetie. Fingers crossed this posts...

You're latest fracs are fabulous! (And thanks for always stopping by my little corner in the universe heheh)