Saturday, December 20, 2008

618. Key to Lock



Trev again. Second note slipped under Em's door on the same day. She has yet to acknowledge any of the poems. Translated from the original Hynerian.

I watched you wash dishes
and I cried
such was the sight
of hand and shoulder
of bearing and posture
of your hair caught in a sunbeam

If you make me explain
the tears upon my cheek
If you ask me to put word
to the secret of the heart
I would think I could more easily
explain why sunlight is warm
and rain is wet
and flowers make me smile
and dogs love unconditionally

When I'm watching you
my vision narrows
as it broadens
I see only you
in the infinite of us
my thirst sated
my stomach full


I want to sigh into you
as you sigh into me
not for the sake of intimacy
or a sharing
for sharing posits a this and a that
but rather
for a coming
together
a completion
a joining
as key to lock
this is what you mean to me


our eyes speaking
our fingers communicating
our lips ambassadors
I feel your hand on the back of my head
pushing me underwater
pulling my head up
I gasp for air
this is how it feels
the intensity
the burning need
to love you
and this
is where the tears come
the joy
of that love

8 comments:

Ms Storm said...

Complete, was my thought as I finished reading this poem, complete in those two last lines, the sum of the value within. I love how you begin this poem, of how this happens, these moments, where the joy of love overwhelms, random, where for whatever reason it wasn't the hour before or the hour after but right there and then, something triggers, something said, something done, simply something noticed, a something that has likely occurred a thousand times before and in that concentrated moment, it is overwhelming, and tears flow. I just love that you have written about this, but that is just one more reason to add to the end, and how you have done so, with such beauty of expression, with such completeness, and the way in which you write words, Trev writes words rather, of not knowing how to capture or define the intensity, or why it should announce its presence so evidently at this time only to encapsulate the reason so eloquently in the last. The best of life's offering, may all know those tears. Absolutely sublime, words for words, words for meaning, each and every one.

Kimmie said...

as key to lock
this is what you mean to me


Perfect.

Trée said...

Kimmie, sometimes I just get lucky. Not as often as I would like, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. :-D

Trée said...

Sweetest, what can I say other than I wish I could see these poems through your eyes and experience them as a reader rather than a writer. As I've said many times, I envy you that. As always, thank you for the very kind words. They mean the world to me.

snowelf said...

Em ready to crack yet?

--snow

Trée said...

Snow, I'm not sure Em is actually getting these letters. :-D

Mona said...

I know how that feels...to need someone as badly as you need air...

Trée said...

exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time

Still, Mona, I'd have it no other way. :-)