Tuesday, December 16, 2008

609. I Never Told You



Trev to Em. Slipped under her door. Translated from the original Hynerian.

I never told you
of the night in the village
when the sun slipped away
and the sea glittered

You were sitting beside me
as the first cool breeze
pulled us closer
and in that moment
you turned your head
and in the turning,
turned my heart

You looked to the sea
a turn to port
revealing soft curves
quotation cheeks,
soft sweatered breasts,
and a piano smile

I never said a word
as you looked to the sea
your shoulder nestled into mine
your hand on my thigh
elbow tucked to my breath

The air charged in a future
a home,
a life,
of little feet rising with the sun
and giggles in rumbled sheets
of dovetailed lips
smooth as morning butter

I thought of your blindness
and the things you said
of sight not of eye
of visions in the mind
of the heart
and desires taking root
in the scent of me

I could not find the words
in the notation of your curls
bouncing with life
shinning in the light of stars
music as language
as you turned your head

I thought thoughts never uttered
my eyes catching yours
rimmed as the moon above
bright as love
full as flowers
glorious as the spring dawn

A lifetime in a glance
I never told you
We lived as king and queen
a court of eternal sunshine
our movements as dance
ours smiles as two doves
white and aflutter

You were the undiscovered map
a place magical and mysterious
gold in every corner
fruited trees hanging ripe
valleys lush in singing bees
bathing in golden petals
as precious as the first cry

11 comments:

Holly said...

Can't believe you're still doing this...think I'm finally quitting. We'll see. God..maybe you don't even remember me! I'll never forget the Christmas one you did for me a few years back. Merry Christmas to you and yours :-)

Trée said...

Holly, how could I forget you and that beautiful baby you brought into the world. Merry Christmas to you and yours too. :-)

Frequent Traveler said...

Merry Christmas, Tree !

Trée said...

Merry Christmas to you too Annie. :-)

snowelf said...

Tree...this is so incredibly romantic. Totally melty.

--snow

p.s. glad you liked the song!

Trée said...

Snow, like the marshmallows in my hot chocolate. Glad you like this one. And thanks for the heads up on that song. :-)

Ms Storm said...

Sugar and spice and all things nice, I used to read the nursery rhyme when I was a little girl and be very glad that was what I was. Even at the time though, I thought it exceedingly unfair. I never met a person where from the essential and enormousness of inner beauty flowed so perceivably. Even before the story, before there were a scene so to speak where there could be performances, it was all over this page, all over your comments, all over your conversation. How lovely must the heart, the mind, the soul be to be able to write words like 'you turned your head
and in the the turning,
turned my heart', it is with complete and utter seriousness that I (and not alone) have so often written of a wordless wow, when writing is as divinely lovely as the writing that you produce on these pages, the best one can hope for is to be able to express some of the awe felt. I have just read the post above this and so I have both of these swirling about my mind as I write these 'wordless' notes. More than likely I have used the example before, but to read is akin to watching a display of fireworks, each explosion of colour, of light, of pattern across the black, as glorious as the one that came before, creating a tally of dazzle that is so overwhelming, one can only stand watching, mouth half open never unaffected enough to successfully move past the Oh! between the Ws.
Here is an example of what I refer to as beauty at its best, simple beauty I never said a word
as you looked to the sea
your shoulder nestled into mine
your hand on my thigh
elbow tucked to my breath
. I've read it a dozen times, quoted it now, and still each time, the loveliness dazzles and the only thing that I can think of to completion is how I wish that everyone had the opportunity to read such writing. rimmed as the moon above Poppet, the beauty within you has no bounds. I'm going to need another hug first, and another chance to comment later. This is so good, I could almost pass Rog over for Trev were it not for his smile.

Trée said...

You know, if you keep encouraging me, I'm just going to write more. :-D

For whatever reason, the writing looks better when you quote it than it did when I wrote it. As for the hugs, you know, all you have to do is ask. :-)

Kimmie said...

This paragraph brought me to tears...

I thought of your blindness
and the things you said
of sight not of eye
of visions in the mind
of the heart
and desires taking root
in the scent of me


The way you dig deep within yourself to put these words together totally move me.

Hugs,
Kimmie

Trée said...

Kimmie, I am always amazed when my words move people. I'm not sure why it amazes me, that words can have that effect, since I am often moved by what I read. Thank you dearly for your very kind words. I take them to heart. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

If you ever have any doubt that I mean what I say in my comments, let it only be the truth which is they never, ever encompass more than the smallest of fractions of the wonder felt. I came to write you a decent comment for this chapter, and yet, just as I wrote within the first, the same occurs afresh, so enchanting is the diction, to comment in direct relation to the words one must read them and to read them is to be unable to do anything but watch, to attend, to contend with the beauty of words and the images. The words leave no room for more.