Friday, December 19, 2008

614. Rosewood



Trev, Em, door. Translated from the original Hynerian.

A fountain
it seemed
your hair in ponytail
to flow

I watched
from the side
rosewood hue
bounce

Alive in youth
life
I saw bobbing
between aisles

Intent you were
looking
at this book
then the next

And into my lungs
I breathed
coffee and cake
home

Music played
a score
and images flashed
fast and slow

Curve of hair
to curve of back
I followed
symmetry sublime

And in the S
I slipped
memory perchance
of before

Perhaps
I thought
the way things would be
natural as rain

7 comments:

Ms Storm said...

Just kidding, more coming... :-D

Ms Storm said...

..and yet wow is where I remain. With each chapter, I stay, wowed, beyond. There is more than here too, in that wowing, titbits offered that make these even more endearing, even more enchanting, just still more, amazing as that is to consider, bookshop visits and 19, knowing delivers yet a greater outpouring of rapture, of respect for the quality, for the sublimity of your writing. You are the Poppet first and foremost, but gosh, the Poppet is a true poet. Or at least an adept translator. ;-)
Wowed by the words, wowed by the image. Wow is where I remain, and though it is not conducive to formulating decent comments, but I wouldn't trade it for all the world.
Gorgeous, the entire post, more than words could say.

Mona said...

Perhaps we all think that...

Rain..it washes, awashes, appears & disappears...

That's Natural

That's life...

Tree Darling, I have a lot of reading to do here I see, & I'll be back when by back is better ;)

Kimmie said...

"Enchanting" is the perfect word to describe this chapter. I felt a sort of innocence in the words, they seemed to dance as I read them.
Hugs,
Kimmie

Trée said...

Kimmie, that is about how I felt when I spied the girl in the bookstore that inspired this poem. :-D

Trée said...

Mona, hope you feel better soon. I'll get the place cleaned up in expectation of your arrival. :-D

Trée said...

Ms Storm, I say the same thing about many of your incredible comments. :-)