Wednesday, December 17, 2008

610. An Us



Another note slipped by Trev under Em's door. She has acted as if they did not exist. Translated from the original Hynerian.

Do you remember the grey skies
mist hanging low over the water
kaleidoscope beads, worlds each
of our eyes
vibrating with laughter and
hands held
fingers laced?

The quiet sand
silent witness
to twenty toes
snug as bugs
as we stared the stare
of lovers
twirling our minds
like children on a merry-go-round?

We walked to the village
that day to buy bread golden
my heart felt as a balloon
light, rising, weightless
and if the town
had been a world away
we would arrive too soon

And we talked as bow
to string
notes noted by birds
as they swooped
wings in applause
sailing on the warm current
of our hopes and dreams

For three years
I had thought of me
the world revolving
to my lonely command
conducting an orchestra
for one

And you said to me
there was the world before
and the world now
one as night
the other as day
and together
us
we would make the world whole

So we sat before our grain
whole in heart
as the fruited seed
made of hands humble
baked in artisan love

And we toasted the sun
and the rain
partners in our locked arms
and crimson filled crystal
a celebration of light
from within
as without

A thousand Javalinas
and a thousand times ten thousands
neural traces
could not
erase the memory of that day
of the time when there was no longer
a me
but
an us

6 comments:

snowelf said...

I am so Em-like today.

--snow

Trée said...

LOL, Snow, I think Trev feels your Em-ness and is determined that if he just writes enough, she will break. :-D

Ms Storm said...

And we talked as bow
to string

Right there, just that one line, that one singular example would in itself be enough to love you forever and a day as a writer. Perhaps not the expression another, or you yourself, would pick out from this marvellous collection of phrasing as an illustrative example of what is so very special about your writing, but it is the one that showed itself most prominently amongst for me. There are others, sentences, truth be known from recollection each from the first to the last, sentences that are resplendently divine, but this one, this one is more than beautiful, more than language, more than sound, and more than poetry, it is statement, complete communication..I'll have to come back to that for it is I think starting to sound unlike what was my intention, but suffice to say for now, two words, and as notes to pick up on later, simplicity and truth. I can hear Trev in these words, the Trev that sat on the deck and when asked what he was doing, replied words to the effect of he was learning to love her. Not quite right, I know, but again, in that answer as here there is no trying for effect but rather a release, without barriers, without all the things that presumably were also causing his silence when he stood before her waiting gaze, without thought, without expectation, his, hers, without having a place to go or a purpose. Again, I am not sure that this is coming as I intended for my intention is to express admiration and compliment. Only. And overwhelmingly grand. The utter loveliness of these words, these, above, below, are such I know now though I still intend to try and try and try again, immersed in wow is where these comments shall remain.

Kimmie said...

Well, Trev certainly broke me!

That was beautiful.

Kimmie said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I must love the graphic on this one also. I can't stop looking at it. It makes my heart smile.

Trée said...

Thanks Kimmie. All of these Trev poems are written very quickly with no editing other than spell checking. I don't think I've spent more than five minutes on any of them so, in a way, they are written unfiltered from the heart. The brain is kept waiting outside like a parent waiting in the parking lot for their child. :-D