Monday, December 08, 2008

602. Cheerleaders and Sailors



After the firefight on Polaris, as Rog is carrying Yul out of the steaming rubble, this exchange was rumored to have occurred:

Yul: (gazing into his eyes, voice weak) What are you thinking?

Rog: I'm thinking if you don't make it, and neither do Kyra, Em, Mairi or Zoe, that Bravo is gonna be . . .

Yul: Gonna be what?

Rog: Like a locker room without cheerleaders, like sailors without a port, like--

Yul: Rog.

Rog: What?

Yul: I get it.

Rog: Then again . . .

Yul: Yes?

Rog: That John's not half bad. 

Yul: You know what?

Rog: What?

Yul: I'd pummel your arse if I could.

4 comments:

Ms Storm said...

There is only one response to this chapter.
LMAO!
Excellent, great piece of writing, loved it. :-D

Trée said...

Thank You Ms Storm. :-)

j said...

What a fun exchange!! A nice surprise within the Story!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. A few chapters tonight and in a few days I'll be all caught up :)

Trée said...

Jen, these are fun to write. Not sure why I don't do more of them. :-)

Good to have you back. Your dinner is in the fridge. Afraid you'll have to warm it up. :-D