Saturday, January 26, 2008

440. Take Your Time



"You wanted to see me?" asked John.

"Come in, grab a seat," said Kyra.

"I just wanted to say thanks--"

"Save it. I've got one question and you've got one chance to tell the truth or I will mind-frail you with rusted nail pleasure before jettisoning your sorry Kulmykian carcass out the garbage chute all the while telling Ariel you abandoned her for another child you loved more. Am I making myself clear?"

"Say what you got to say."

"What the frail did you know and when did you know it?"

"Concerning?"

"The frailing Dyad."

"It's complicated."

"Damn it John, no it's not."

"Yes it is."

"The truth is never complicated."

John sighed.

"And don't roll your frailing puppy dogs eyes."

"Look, I'm not proud of every choice I made and the world is not as black and white as you'd like to think."

"From a distance everything is gray. I'm not interested in what you think is in your nescient head. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Kyra could see that he didn't.

"Your heart. Open it. You've got one chance."

John looked slapped.

"I've got all day. Take your time."

__________

ed note: the following chapters will provide some background on this chapter. Start with the bottom link and work up. The question at hand is, What did John know about the original distress signal from the Dyad and what did he do about it and why. John has never been completely forthcoming on this matter and with the information Zoe has supplied, new information about what happened to the Dyad, much to John's chagrin, the questions have resurfaced.

Understood
The Order of Merit
Its Hynerian
Bury It

20 comments:

Miladysa said...

Okey Dokey... I read all the other chapters - thank you - it helped immensely!

Sooooo... what does he know?

My favourite line:

"or I will mind-frail you with rusted nail pleasure before jettisoning your sorry Kulmykian carcass out the garbage chute all the while telling Ariel you abandoned her for another child you loved more."

LOL... even when he told me I would do it anyway... he deserves it.. all but tell Ariel... that would not be fair on Ariel ;)

Trée said...

Miladysa, first let me say thanks for reading the linked chapters. You are a writing bloggers angel. :-)

As for John, well, let's keep an open mind and give him a chance to say his peace. Then we can string him up. :-D

Cha Cha said...

'The truth is never complicated.'

I love that.

Truth is something I've been thinking quite a bit about lately.

This hit home in many ways.

Trée said...

You know, I really had to resist the whole Jack Nicholson "You can't handle the truth" bit. Kyra would have eaten him up alive if he had gone there. :-D

Strump, you always know just what to say to make a writer feel all warm and gooey inside. Warm your hands, I've got some work for them to do. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

I took that as a little test to see if I could remember the chapter by the titles, which I never can as you know, :-D, surprisingly this time I got 3/4. Looks like answers are on the way, a long time coming too, generally and specifically in this case, how come I get the feeling however that for every answer there will be a dozen or so more questions that arise.

Had to smile at Kyra's choice of words, no doubt she could make her dissatisfaction clear, but I doubt John heard anything other than the tone with which she spoke, or rather the meaning behind the words. A force to be reckoned with is our Kyra. :-) Very nice opener, gorgeous image to go with it.

Stargazer said...

I'm with Milady. Love that line! And of course the fractal is fractaculous. Love your 'clock' creations.

RegentCardis said...

I don't know how you do it, but your artwork is stunning.

CohibAA said...

Great story... Thanks!

Hilda said...

Amazing, beautiful artwork! Somehow, it's the pieces with chronographs that truly draw me in.

Congratulations on being chosen for Blogs of Note. I'm so glad I discovered this. Now to go over the rest of your archives...

Thank you!

Trée said...

Sweetest, hang on to your seat, the story is about to get interesting. :-)

Trée said...

Thanks Deb, they seem to be favorites. :-)

Trée said...

Shades of Gray, thanks for the kind words and thanks for stopping by. You have beautiful dogs. :-)

Trée said...

Get Paid, not sure if to delete you as spam or say thanks for the kind words. Since you actually mentioned the story, I'll leave you be. :-)

Trée said...

Hilda, so nice to see a new face about the place. I do hope you like the story and choose to come back and read a few chapters. Don't worry about trying to follow what is going on--just read the current postings and see if it takes hold of your imagination. :-)

Anonymous said...

تروخدایه چیز فارسی هم بنویس که ما هم بفهمیم
چی فارسی بلدنیستی ؟
خاک عالم بر سرت چرا؟
برو یاد بگیر بی کلاس

Trée said...

Sali, I have no idea what you just wrote. In case of compliment, Thank you. :-)

Mona said...

I will mind-frail you with rusted nail pleasure before jettisoning your sorry Kulmykian carcass out the garbage chute all the while telling Ariel you abandoned her for another child you loved more. Am I making myself clear?"

:D I could memorize that for practical use with some...:D Of course i would replace the word Kulmykian with another suitable term

And don't roll your frailing puppy dogs eyes." & that too :D

The profound statement here is "truth is never complicated" How true!

"Your heart. Open it. You've got one chance." - I would like to say that to someone.... although not in the same context or semantics...

Trée said...

Mona, as I read your comments, I am reminded just how much I have missed having you about the place. I've missed you more than I had imagined. As always, thank you for your kind words and attention to detail. Your comments are a joy to receive. :-)

Film Scholar said...

those images are pretty cool. Nice blog. Keep the blogging going.

Trée said...

Film, thanks. I'll do my best.