Sunday, January 06, 2008

418. As Pale Blue Suns



Kyra stood before the crew, her back to the cosmos, her hands on the table, her eyes shinning as pale blue suns. She said a Kulmyk command carrier was on its way to destroy them. She said she would be unavailable for awhile and regardless of what they saw or heard or felt, no one was take any action whatsoever. She paused and looked at Rog. He looked away. Then she looked at John while speaking to the entire group. "In my absence, prepare Bravo for transport and prepare yourselves. We have some unfinished business." She lifted her hands off the table as if daring anyone to speak. No one did.

"Snazzle?"

"Yes Kyra?"

"As soon as repairs are finished, and I suspect they will be finished within the hours, set course for the other Hynerian vessel in this sector."

"And Snazzle?"

"Yes?"

"That would be Captain to you."

"Yes Captain."

Kyra turned back to the group and those that were there would swear later her body seemed haloed in a faint glimmering light. "Any questions?"

None were forthcoming.

"Dismissed."

14 comments:

Melly said...

Oh, how fun to return to Kyra's adventure! She certainly seems to have grown.
Beautiful, beautiful image.
(I know I missed a lot, but I hope I can somehow start again from here)

Trée said...

Melly, you can. Wonderful to have you back and blogging again. Welcome back. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Ooooh, I was not expecting that. In hindsight, Kyra has never seemed the type who would let one failed attempt keep her from trying again. Her glance at John suggests his request plays a part in at least her stance as she addresses them. Very nicely done. Smiling at the exchange between Snazzle and Kyra, quite obviously there is a time for indulgence and a time for business, so to speak.
The image is spectacular, I remember it from the playground, like a flare shooting up to light the night sky, there's an excitement about it. You still hold the reigning title, at least in my book, as the fracmeister.

Poppet, have a safe and pleasant journey and a good and successful week ahead. Missing you a whole big bunch already. Love and hugs, x, take good care of you.

Miladysa said...

"She paused and looked at Rog. He looked away."

Something in this one line captured me in some way...

Another fantastic post and I felt as though I was on board and preparing for battle.

Perhaps I was before I wrote my latest post... you never know! :)

Constance said...

Whoo-hoo, take control Kyra ! Beautiful image Tree !

SaffronSaris said...

Is that fireworks? Very pretty shimmery colours. And I liked that mosaic at the top too.

Trée said...

Saffy, the image is the spirit of Kyra seen not by living eyes. The mosaic at the top is "Papa/Zeke" during the night of the red robe if I recall correctly. ;-)

Thanks for the kind words. Carry on.

Trée said...

Thank you Annie. You should see what Kyra can do in a different venue. :-D

Trée said...

Miladysa, on my way. :-)

Trée said...

Sweetest, I'm here safe and sound. Wish me luck and plenty of peaceful sleep. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Good to hear from you. Wishing you luck and plenty of sleep. :-D

Stargazer said...

What a dynamic image, a perfect backdrop for Kyra.

Anonymous said...

Oh Trée, that is such a beautiful image....

O

Trée said...

Thank you O. :-)