Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Day: 18-19

day eighteen:

nothing of interest to report--neither highs nor lows

watching impulse--and language--and the processing of events--the storification of impulse, language and event--the need for narrative--to construct meaning--to what end--the question is always to what end--by what code, story or narrative--upon what stage do we dance--can we feel the wood under our feet--


day nineteen:

emotional reactivity remains low--the meds give the ability to deal with frustration and irritation without becoming overly frustrated or irritated--this perhaps opens the door to rewire reactivity through experience, meds notwithstanding--poetry and ornate prose still fail to capture my interest as before--likewise music is all but missing in my life--I find no pleasure in it, which is probably related to emotional dullery--creative thought still lacking and some of my own writing, especially the 1944 series seems quite alien--libido remains high in spite of anorgasmia--perhaps as a byproduct, sexual fantasy has become much more subtle, more selective as the elements of touch deepen--I have become more light-hearted and playful

without the emotional reactivity and personalization, my ability to absorb and address conflict is greater--issues of pettiness are simply not acted upon--emotional reflection/mirroring is absent--the energy passes through me and neither harbors itself nor elicits engagement and the feeling is similar to watching a sporting event in which you have no vested interested in the teams playing and you are able to objectively follow the action--thoughts of the future are starting to emerge but remain fragile--the desire to workout has actually occurred

overall attitude is much improved--negative thoughts have become less sticky, less relentless--I cannot quite tell if I am feeling less drugged or whether I'm just getting used to the feeling--odd sensation on the crown of the head has remained consistent from the first day--appetite remains slightly suppressed, which is to say although I eat well when I eat, there is no desire to snack between meals--this was not the case before--there is still an odd drowsiness that occurs after eating--no issues with sleep--sound still has an eerie and subtle muted quality almost as if I am hearing myself hear

finished the first chapter/book of 2666--it was originally planned by the author to be published as five separate books over five years--his literary executor (Bolano was dying and would die before publication) decided otherwise--the writing is unlike anything I've read recently

4 comments:

Gregory LeFever said...

You're a phenomenal chronicler of the subtleties of the senses and of emotion, Trée. Very Proustian.

I pray the side-effects subside and you continue to regain your many talents. (I too was glad to see the return of your digital artwork.) The music situation is freaky because I know from reading your posts over the years that you have a good ear for many forms of music.

Many people are thinking of you, Trée, and want this to work out in whatever way is best for you.

Lady of the Lakes said...

day eighteen: as I've said before, "No news is good news", I guess nothing of interest can be treated the same, and at least you're keeping a close eye on the details. I'm sure your Dr. is going to be VERY impressed.

day nineteen: You seem to be slowly evolving. Wouldn't it be nice if you went to bed one night (soon) and found a remarked interest in poetry, and the woke to music...I mean M U S I C, like you once enjoyed. Something like you see in the movies, something that made your heart 'dance'. I think that day will come...soon. At least that is what I pray for...for you.

Continuous thoughts, lots of prayers and of course tight hugs that last.............

H

Trée said...

Greg, your kind words are very much appreciated as well as your insights and input. Thank you.

Trée said...

LotL, nothing I would like better than to experience a little bit of the emotional intensity I formerly had.