Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Maria (home from the Vet)

We picked up Maria this morning
when the trees were fully dressed
in their summer greens
and the sky breathed a pale blue
as a mother breathes
a moment of respite
from herding the joy of children

Her tongue wagged that ruddy curl
and her ears stood at full attention
but for all her six lean pounds
the urgency in her eyes
the need to be held
to show the love of homecoming
to know we came back for her
those eyes I saw
and in those eyes
the world
and in those eyes I felt
was everything
I ever needed to know

8 comments:

swhisn1 said...

I'm glad to hear she's doing well

Trée said...

Sandra, she looks to be doing just fine, although a little sore. We go back in two weeks to get the stitches out. Good to have my baby back home. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh oh eyes are definately windows to the Soul. You can tell a lot from eyes.She has beautiful eyes.

Tales From The Ink said...

Aww, who says angels don't have fur. LOL I'm glad she's OK

Trée said...

Tales, an angel she is, no doubt. :-)

Trée said...

SarahA, whenever I sketch, the eyes are always my favorite part--the most expressive, the most telling, pools, cisterns to fall, dive into, head first. :-)

Athena Marie said...

Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. Lovely.

Trée said...

Thanks Athena. :-)