Sunday, May 10, 2009

bucket


I water my plants on the back deck
with a bucket. From inside, I fill what is empty
with cool water and give to my plants
the drink of life and I swear I can
hear them sigh and stretch their leaves
and limbs toward the sun, brilliant greens reaching
upward to the sapphire sky. I return the bucket,
empty, to its quiet corner and I wonder if I
could do the same, day after day, for all
my life. Could I fill my heart in the morning
with the water of life and without a
word, pour myself empty upon those
around me, leaving not a drop for tomorrow,
secure in the knowledge that somehow,
someway, my bucket will be filled again,
and I will know not to hoard my filling,
but to give of what I've been given. This is my
hope; to be like my bucket.

6 comments:

runnerfrog said...

Very deep, with a peaceful beauty. Your style grows wonderfully, and I find something better everytime I come back.
This one in particular, like some previous ones that made me talk before, is a sudden bloom, an evolutionary jump. I also refer to the artwork. It's something to be thankful for.
Thanks for sharing.

Trée said...

Cristian, your kind words are always extremely appreciated. Thank you.

swhisn1 said...

Awesome, from I've seen, you are always giving morning, noon and night... Idon't think you ever empty your bucket.

P. S. stay sweet :-)

Trée said...

Thanks S, you are very kind to say so. I look forward to our next ride up the mountain. Promise I'll be in better shape this next time around. :-D

Anonymous said...

There are 'givers' and 'takers' in this world and I am thinking you are the former.
I love your words woven. I love the images within.I can actually hear your plants sighing, because of such.

Trée said...

Thanks SarahA. The happiest I've ever been in my life is when I've given. Taking never feels as good. So the question I have for myself is, why don't I give more?