Saturday, January 13, 2007

224. Eagle and Serpent


Kyra deflected the telepathic blow with a natural ease. Calfuray came again, sending daggers of thought through the cold air of the bay, hoarfrost forming on the crates surrounding Kyra. Lifting her arms, the frost melted, and those that witnessed the affair swore later, a halo formed around Kyra’s black mane. She rotated her wrist turning her palms upward and an arc of blinding light formed between the halo and her fingers.

Calfuray’s eyes narrowed and she moved quickly. The firstest with the mostest as they say. She had seen this light once before and once was more than enough. Leaving her body, Calfuray’s mind rose above the bay and forming into a serpent with two heads lashed downward. Kyra reacted and rose to meet her adversary; and above the bay waged a combat neither seen nor heard between serpent and eagle.

Reaching into Kyra’s mind, the twin serpent heads spit a burning fire into her neural pathways. Kyra withstood the heat and focused her mind, parrying the blow. But Calfuray dug her fangs deep into Kyra’s mind, moving past her cerebral cortex and directly to her limbic lobes. With fingers nimble and quick, Calfuray fondled her lobes, manipulating first one emotion and then another. Kyra tried to pull back. She couldn’t. Calfuray squeezed Kyra’s anger then her fear while caressing her biological rhythms as a cat plays with a mouse.

+I would like to stay and play with one so beautiful and delicate,+ said Calfuray, as her mind’s tongue flicked out and suckled Kyra’s hypothalamus. One tongue circled Kyra’s pleasure nodes while the other tightened its grip on her bodily brain functions, slowly shutting off blood flow as one turns a spigot.

+You know,+ Kyra struggled to say, +it’s been a long time since anyone manipulated my pleasure centers. Don’t stop.+ Kyra was pinned. She needed time. She needed an opening.

+You are a delicious one, much sweeter to my mind’s eye than I imagined.+ Calfuray licked again, allowing the pleasure of control, of domination to please her. Call it the spoils of war, plunder if you will. She had Kyra. Had all of her and there was never, ever anything more satisfying as to take your enemy in every way. +Lighten your resistance and enjoy the flow. I’m going to blow your mind and then I’m going to blow your mind and if you are lucky you will never know the difference. Let go, and I’ll take you to pleasure you never imagined. Resist, and I’ll burn your brain out with an intensity that will make you wish you had never been born.+

+My Janus,+ exclaimed Kyra. +I’ve never felt such pleasure, the intensity is mind boggling. Don’t stop. Please don’t stop.+

Calfuray smiled and it cost her everything. In that spilt second of pride, she loosened her grip and Kyra’s claws extended into her heart. Kyra pushed deeper and Calfuray’s body buckled and collapsed and a purplish fluid started to ooze from her ears. She was done.

Kyra walked across the floor, put her hand on Calfuray’s wrist and signaled John’s troopers for a stretcher. Looking up to the balcony her eyes met John’s. He smiled, saluted and walked away.

Von approached. “That was quite a performance. Care to share how you did it?”

“Sometimes you have to let the game come to you. Patience, Papa taught. Take what your opponent gives you,” said Kyra.

“Really?” said Von, tilting his head, lifting his chin and raising one eye.

“Really,” answered Kyra with a wink. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m feeling a little hot in this glove.” Kyra started to walk away before turning and looking over her shoulder. “Von!” she teased.

“What?”

“Act your age.”

Categories: Story, Calfuray, Kyra, Von

20 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Standing ovation for your powers of description! And another for Kyra! An eagle and a serpent, death by pleasure, how you come up with these things, I have no idea, just please don't stop. :-)
Brilliant!

Autumn Storm said...

Now that I have some coffee in my system, I have to tell you that this chapter is "brilliant" on three levels. First of all, as always the style of writing and the actual writing were perfect and thrilling. I'm not sure that I have read many 'fight' scenes, and I can imagine that they would be very, very difficult to get across so to speak on paper, but you did that perfectly, and what I mean by perfectly is that your words translated to images in my mind's eye, as fanciful as the action was, mind's in battle, pleasure centres being manipulated, telepathic communication. I guess, the best way to say it is that for the length of this chapter, you made the unbelievable come to life.

...The actual words used was the first thing I took note of, the realness of it was my second, and the third has slipped my mind while I was writing about the other two, but I presume it would have something to do with how imaginative everything is, at least that is most definitely something to take note of! As I said above, or words to that effect, you are just a big well of seemingly limitless imagination, and the title sows the seeds for that viewpoint, the first sentence covers it, and the rest, well, to carry on this rediculous metaphor, showers it.
Should have had more coffee. :-)
All in all, brilliant in all it's glory covers this chapter.

Trée said...

My dearest Sunshine, just as your brain is coming to life, mind is starting to shut down. Just posted the next chapter and I'm afraid all my words are there at the moment. :-D

Thanks so much for your very kind words. May be tomorrow before I can adequately respond to your beautiful thoughts. :-)

Dzeni said...

Wow! You just gave a whole new meaning to the phrase "mind games". Superb chapter as usual.

Karen said...

Woah... I never saw that coming. W00T for Kyra!!! :-D That was such an incredible chapter and a battle against good vs. evil. Excellent!!!

And thank you for not writing another cliff hanger LOL My heart couldn't take it. ;-)

Trée said...

Thanks Jenni. Always good to know you're still enjoying the story. Thank you for those very kind words. :-)

Trée said...

Morning Karen. You know, sometimes I like to actually write a chapter that ends a storyline. :-D

Thanks for the kind sweet words. Much appreciated. :-)

Trée said...

Afternoon Sunshine. Your comments thrill my heart to no end and I love you to pieces for your sincere dedication and enthusiasm. I simply can't say that enough.

To summarize this chapter:

Calfuray masturbated Kyra's mind with a mental knife at her throat.

This, for me, was the defining moment "of interest." I had this image in my mind of Kyra on the floor, Calfuray on top of her, Kyra unable to move, tied down, naked, completely under Calfuray's control and Calfuray is kissing and licking her, masturbating her against her will, and as the body reacts, is enjoying that Kyra can't stop her. She also has a knife at her throat and she knows that at the moment of orgasm, at that moment that she takes something very special from Kyra (sexual favors) she is simultaneously going to take the most precious thing of all--her life. And the fact that she is going to "take" Kyra this way, that she is thinking and watching and working toward that orgasm, that she takes pride in her timing, in her craftsmanship, well, that to be is very interesting.

As always, thanks for your very kind words. :-)

Stargazer said...

Awesome segment, loved the description and intensity. Nice job Trée.

Trée said...

Thanks Deb. I had a lot of fun writing this one. There are a few people in my life I'd like to have some mindbats with. :-D

Karen said...

Cliffhangers are really fine; it's part of the mystery. I just want to scream when you end it suddenly when I'm fully into it.

Trée said...

Noted. Jack feels the same way when I leave him hanging. :-D

Karen said...

LOL Hanging is good sometimes but not all the time. *snicker*

Anonymous said...

I want to be her!! I want that control and power :)

luv it Tree !

Meg

Autumn Storm said...

Calfuray masturbated Kyra's mind with a mental knife at her throat.

That is a wow sentence. Best way I know how to describe it. What I mean by that is that the chapter is read, this is precisely what happens, but the fact that you describe it so blatantly in those terms highlight the happenings within.
Action aside, probably the reason I have fallen so far under the spell of this story has to do with watching the characters develop. Joining as we learn more and more about them, and yet, they seemed so very clear from the start. How you did that I have no idea, but you somehow managed to give a very clear picture very quickly of each of your characters and everything since, even the parts that have been suprising, have only seemed like ripples from that central circle.
What you have managed to achieve is familiarity to the extent where one, or I at least :-), starts to believe I can second guess how these characters might react in any given situation.
Now the reason, I went down that track was to do with the psychological, but exactly how I was going to tie this back to your wow sentence, I am not sure.
In any case, this type of mind control, telepathy and any and all other things that come into play here in this chapter is real juicy stuff so to speak. :-)

This chapter is just so wonderfully imaginative, and yet, unbelievable (to us, to any others watching, eg John) as what occurs is, as any of us know, anything is possible and there is so little that we can know for sure. The concept of telepathy for example is not something new and as such, the chapter is easily read and accepted. Mind control too. And self-control.

:-) I can't help thinking of one Billy Connolly sketch in particular where he is talking about the rhythm method as a method of contraception. It will never be near as funny written down here, but basically he says words to the effect of not 10 wild horses would be able to make his ass go the other way.
Temptation, and to the extent that Kyra is battling it here, being mastrubated in this way to use your word, it would be the easiest thing in the world to give in, and yet she is able to rise above it. You did well in elevating her in this scene, you really did - what I mean is, it came across very clearly that very few, if any other, would have been able to do what she did. Keep focus through it all.
I've spoken about everything but what I intended to!

This chapter reminds me of what happens to people when they freeze to death. As their body temperature drops, their energy fails, their will, they just don't care anymore and finally they lie down to rest, never to rise again. Everything comes back to now, they lose focus on the reality of the situation, wanting the instant gratification of rest. In other words, though death would have been imminent, the fact that she never lost sight of that in the face of an overwhelming desire for instant gratification, the fog that drifts across all else when that happens, well, Kyra's done gone and proved herself. Far and beyond!

Sweet dreams when you get that far.

Trée said...

Meg, I just want you. :-D

Trée said...

Sweetest, you really said it best in the comment above. Few could have resisted what she did, few.

I'd say more but as you can probably tell, I just flat brain dead at the moment. I need someone to mental masturbate me cause I'm too tired to do it myself. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

I'm just happy that you read it and understood it, :-D, replies not necessary (esp. since I just have to have the last word after that too;)

Happy Tuesday when you get that far, x

Miladysa said...

Nice tactic.

Trée said...

I think this was the first time we saw Kyra in this kinda light. First time John too. Impressive. :-)