Thursday, January 01, 2009

639. My Humble Plea



ed note: another first in the story--the chapter below is in alternating verse (Kyra speaks first, then John) and uses an alternating rhyme structure, giving each character a unique voice, so to speak. John has made his decision as to whether he and Ariel will stay or go (with Bravo)--Enjoy.


Have you a decision made
I ask if only
hope should fade

I have, I have
a decision prayed
and just this morn, I did made

Pray tell my friend
this decision made
Judge not I, to pretend

My daughter, Ariel
as you know
needs a place, in order to grow

Of course I know
the child is first
seeds to sow, upon the row

Yes, this is true
I have no doubt
nor no need, for me to shout

No need to explain
my dear friend
my heart is not in pain

Quite the contrary
my kiss in a bubble
but I must explain, to keep from trouble

I am afraid
I do not understand
nothing here have you played

Yes, yes, you are right
for the girl I asked
carries upon her visage, no mask

She is a treasure
apple of our eye
how else to measure

Well, your treasure
I am here to say
has told me, she wants to stay

Stay, stay you say
how could you
with so many words, delay

Delay my dear
would take intent
and that certainly, would I repent

Might you may
on bended knee
my heart you lay, on silver tray

Then bended knee
it shall be
I pray you accept, my humble plea

15 comments:

Trée said...

ROFL, I think John is the more elegant of the two. May my dear Kyra please forgive me. :-D

Ms Storm said...

A first indeed, and quite unexpected, who would have conceived that Kyra and John would speak in verse, except of course, you. :-D Nicely done, form lends just the right stature, due emphasis to the significance of this decision.

Kyra could only be proud. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Love and hugs, x

Stargazer said...

I find this fractal exceptionally pretty. It sparkles, and is very elegant.

christopher said...

Baby It's Cold

When she left for Earth
I came undone though I dreamed
I would have held up.

I take all of it in stride,
Keep navigating just fine,

Until this moment
Of her god damned departure
From these frozen moons.

Trée said...

Ms Storm, I think this is the author's literary indulgence. I'm not at all sure Kyra and John would approve. :-)

Trée said...

Autumn, Deb and Christoper, thanks for stopping by.

Mona said...

This kind of conversations i have had with my siblings. in fact during my visit to NY we were speaking like this all the time, both in Hindi & in English. :D

Trée said...

Would have been my pleasure to observe Mona. As always, so nice to see you visiting. :-)

SaffronSaris said...

Happy New Year!!!

Trée said...

Happy New Year Saffy. :-)

Jack B. said...

I think is quite creative. I wouldn't mind if more chapters were like this - real poetry. The picture looks like cracked diamonds at a show with the spotlight on them.
Oh and Happy New Yer, Tree!

Stargazer said...

Hope you're enjoying the weather in Tucson. Although Monday was a rare rainy day.

Trée said...

Thanks Jack. I thought this was one of my more creative chapters, something not done before, a bit whimsical, a tickle of the tongue. :-)

Happy New Year to you too my old friend. Ciao. :-)

Trée said...

Deb, I wasn't expecting the rain, but the blue skies this afternoon were gorgeous against the mountains.