Thursday, January 01, 2009

638. To Our Lust



Trev to Em. A little something for her pillow, penned while she was in the shower. Translated from the original Hynerian.


I lie in bed
my wooden head
a nail I see
sharp point to my forehead held

My wood is soft
fir or pine perhaps
the effort needed
not all that great
(the effort required
neither compass nor maps)

My head is still
still like death
brown I think
the hue of, not much left

Hold me baby
in your arms
hold me sweetness
within your lap

I feel your nails
upon my scalp
raking thoughts
like autumn leaves

Thoughts of deer
perhaps a doe
run through my mind
as water down a row

I feel your warmth
oven mitt safe
and dream of rivers
gushing over my face

I want to stand
where only the few
are given the privilege
to partake a screw

You will gladly bend
from hip to toe
as I prepare the rod
for slake and plough

Smile you will
of that I promise
for the sheath revealed
will do asunder

A tear perhaps
of joy and wonder
we will kiss
as stolen plunder

I shall take
what I deem to be mine
and you will give
me sweetest wine

Drink we will
to our lust
you and I, lover
forever must

Headache gone
and plans most tragic
by fingers divine
if not magic

3 comments:

Ms Storm said...

Some absolutely delicious phrasing herein that I just have to list under the title of I LOVE... Especially, I must add, for otherwise I would be quoting it all.
..the third stanza
..the fifth
..and dream of rivers gushing over my face
..the eighth, I want to stand...
and I absolutely love the idea of drinking (to) lust, the allusion to wine above, of being drunk on passion, of wine (etcetera) tasted, fluid sweeping the tongue, gorgeous, plunders and gushing rivers, wholly, utterly, entirely gorgeous.
Intoxicated with delight.

Trée said...

Well, my dear Ms Storm, you can rain rivers upon my outstretched arms and wrap your sunlight around my ears like a scarf to keep me warm. Hue me baby, hue me warm. :-D

christopher said...

Fare You Well

I come awake here
Next to you with the thought of loss,
That you have to go.

The next boat out will be yours,
The next port parsecs away.

We made the best love
In these last hours as I tried
To cross those light years.