Saturday, July 31, 2010

tone and mood

I sense tone and mood like others see color and hear music. Each room, moment by moment ebbing and flowing, a unique texture of energies, mingling, creating ripples unseen as root, forever reaching for water, nutrients. Every look, smile, frown, touch or non-touch alters what was into what is into what will be, endlessly into being, unfolding with no beginning, no end. So this battle wages of label upon what cannot be labelled, of pails holding the rushing river no more, of wave and ocean arguing as parent and child, ever unmindful that what appears is not what is. The eye, forever seeing, never sees itself directly and we know not by the great unity but by light and shadow upon an endless series of mirrors, each generation, a distortion of the one before.

Then there is the issue of noise. Used as shield, double-sided to protect to and from, them and us. Addictive these sonic walls, barriers, erected subconsciously to hide what is too direct to experience upon tender hearts and souls--silence. For upon this platform and this alone can we hear what beckons to be heard, forever tolling, patient, enduring as stone through time.

5 comments:

Mona said...

you are hyper sensitive!

Happy Friendship day tree! ( Hugs)

Trée said...

I am. My greatest blessing. Without that sensitivity, there would be no Story; and I would not be me. :-)

Happy Friendship day to you too Mona. I miss you. Hope and trust all is well or as well as it can be. xoxo

Autumn said...

I cannot, though it became a joke long ago, not say simply:
Wow!
and quote, awed, inspired, enthused two of the most excellent passages within
The eye, forever seeing, never sees itself directly and we know not by the great unity but by light and shadow upon an endless series of mirrors, each generation, a distortion of the one before.

to hide what is too direct to experience upon tender hearts and souls--silence.

Brilliance.

Autumn said...

I look forward already to coming back here, when able, for b, for c, perhaps even for d.

Trée said...

Autumn, sometimes I really wish I could see what you see in my writing. I've been reading some of my older posts and the only thought that crosses my mind is to burn it all. I suppose we all have an unlimited capacity to humiliate ourselves. No need to respond to this comment. I know where you stand. ;-)