Tuesday, July 13, 2010

paleographic fingers

The day dawns hushed of wind and the lake mirror smooth in reflection, silent of thought. He sits bare of shirt, the shadow of muscle taut in youth, her paleographic fingers vestigial, as too her scent. She sleeps content of face washed in morning light, only breath heard between muted birds. Each breath, of them taken, of bed warm, of pillow embraced of his shape, perfumed of his hair. To each, these thoughts, held often in the quiet of sunset or the rising of cups, sometimes the movement of pot and pan, the placing of plates before silver gleaming of candlelight. To this place of peace, walking the greens, flowered paths in witnessed hue, those quiet feet in step, the small movement of fingers touching, of looks stolen, of smiles surrendered and kisses exchanged. There is an energy in love that attracts, a naturalness that defies, a fit without effort or plan; and known it is not in proclamation, in that distant, diluted language, but in what is neither heard nor seen as much as experienced beyond the thinking mind, a language of birth, lost in age, and rarely found again.

Her eyes open blue, among rivers of time as memory is released as flowers to the sea. Toes bare of what was, together are dipped in the cleansing of passing seconds and allowed to flow into minutes and hours, never held as much as swam, no more owned than one owns the ocean. And too upon sight, a smile not asked, expresses what cannot be taken but only given, a simple gesture that touches the envy of fingers. Soon, the sound of sheets, of cotton woven of other hands as some body of white parting in the quiet whisper of reach, of flesh still warm of sleep, still tender in want, need. There is leaning and parting and what was dry, now wet, what was missing, now joined, what was needed, as water to root, rained freely, one upon the other.

12 comments:

Roxana said...

something in the rhythm of your sentences here reminds me of the rhythm of making love, luxuriously, quietly, deeply making love - until no thought or memory remains and the bodies become the song of light -

Trée said...

OMG Roxana, you're right! Your comment has forever changed how I read this one. Mwah! :-)

Wes said...

I find that when I read thru your writings quickly at the first, I get one interpretation, but when I read it the second, slowly allowing the picture to be painted for me, I get something entirely different. My first impression was something more physical along the lines of Roxanne's comment... my second was something much more sensual and innocent. It is nice that I can chose to look at it from either perspective. I see those "blues" have the same effect on you as they have with me!

Trée said...

Wes, this is an interesting post in that it started as a chapter of The Story of Kyra between Trev and Em. The scene was the cottage with Trev up early and on the dock of the lake, watching the sun rise and with Em still asleep in bed. The original thought was to illustrate how even apart, the two were as one in thought and memory, in peace and tranquility in the same way as morning, in the same way as the day being reborn in the still silence of dawn where beauty needs no explanation.

But then it morphed to the energy of attraction that comes with and in love. How others see it so quickly, so clearly, how it both becomes known without word spoken, but more so, how, almost like fairy dust, it casts a spell upon all those within sight, the energy intoxicating in the way of walking into the light, as bare feet near the ocean cannot resist the beach, of sand between toes. I find the experience of this energy the single most amazing experience I know in so much as the experience is both first hand and second hand and it feels like floating down a river on a Saturday, each with his or her own inter tube, everyone just happy to be.

And then it morphed again as the river of time washed away the past, so strong the current of the current moment, of life living now, not yesterday, of that pure intensity most associated with athletes in the zone. Trev and Em have that. The rest of the crew know it. And believe me, Yul is not at all happy! :-D

As always, Wes, thanks for visiting and thanks for the wonderful comment. Much appreciated.

Trée said...

Wes, as a hint on reading what I write, I'd say this: almost everything written is not so much stream of conscious as much as stream of emotion, or, perhaps more accurately, the steam of energy that gives rise to emotion. In this way, the writing is impressionistic, dabs of energy here and there that give no heed to grammar or any rule ever written with regard to prose. I am also not a fan of anything linear and I distrust chronology for reasons I can't explain, as if these concepts are excess weight and I want to fly. This makes my writing, at times, difficult to read and I am working on that but sometimes I just want to pick up my buckets of words and sling them again the screen as purely as I can from mind to page.

Wes said...

I also have no need for things linear. I love having established a mental residency out here in my "left field"...Good Lord, ask our fair maiden about that! What I enjoy is that I have absolutely no idea of the direction from which any thought will come or the path it will choose to take. All I do know is my emotion is the silent vehicle on which it travels.

Trée...you don't need to tell a story! Just continue to pick up whichever bucket suits your fancy this day, paint the atmosphere, and let us read into it our own personal "toes in the sand" moment!

Trée said...

Thanks Wes. I think I will. ;-)

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday.

Wes said...

Whoa.....what???
Sunday??
I must have missed a memo or something...was not aware of this development!
I believe fair maiden has forgotten something!
Now, I must go get my hair cut and figure out what to wear!
And the nerves set in.......!

Trée said...

Mmmm . . . well, act surprised and don't tell her I told you. But you know Wes, you really don't need to get your hair cut for me, but I would suggest wearing something. :-D

Wes said...

A feint.
A parry.
And she smiles......

Trée said...

Good man.

ghrency said...

the placing of plates before silver gleaming of candlelight

custom wood furniture