Wednesday, July 28, 2010

785. the universe is a lot older than you

Kyra: Papa, what do you want to do today?

Papa: Something new. Something different. Something I’ve never done before.

Kyra: Oooooh.

Papa: Our bodies grow old with time, but the mind is different. As long as we use it, challenge it, to our last breath, it will grow, expand, forever creating new neural pathways. It is, unlike the arm or leg, forever vibrant; but only as long as we water and sun the root and leaf.

_________

If there is a rhythm to the universe, you will know it not by effort, but the lack thereof. What is, is. Everything else, the unknown nightmare of illusion. And between the two, friction, pain. As one feels when holding desperately to a branch against the raging current. Let go, my dear one. Stop trying. The universe is a lot older than you. Trust it.

4 comments:

autumn said...

Dear Papa, how I do adore...
...As one feels when holding desperately to a branch against the raging current. Let go, my dear one. Stop trying. The universe is a lot older than you. Trust it. Today, I shall say nothing. Simply listen. And wish. Would but all could hear.

Trée said...

May we all have a Papa in our lives, even if but for a time. I miss my own father. Miss you too. Hope and trust all is well with you and the girls.

Unknown said...

Me too..i misses my dad its already 10 yrs. ago when he left us And go journey with God.There's nothing to comparing in having our father...
Buffet ballon

ghrency said...

the unknown nightmare of illusion.

custom wood furniture