Wednesday, November 22, 2006

197. Foreplay

Kyra entered the lab. “Hey Trev, whacha got?” He had called just minutes ago saying his preliminary results were in and that she might want to take a look at the findings. He said they were interesting.

Handing her the report he said, “Who would have thought? I’ve doubled checked the results. Just thought I’d say that before you asked,” his face just a little more red than normal, his eyes a little bloodshot as if he had been up all night cramming for an exam.

Kyra looked over the report. I’ll be was all she said before closing the file and handing it back to Trev. “I trust you understand this file remains confidential. If there is a leak, I’ll know there could only be one source.”

“Kyra, I hope you know me better than that.”

She just looked with raised brow.

“You have my word.”

“And the sample?”

“All gone.”

“Really?”

Trev blushed.

“Don’t worry Trev. I won’t ask and you won’t lie and we’ll leave it at that. Fair enough?”

“Fair enough,” he replied, unable to maintain eye contact.

Categories: Story, Kyra, Trev

13 comments:

Keshi said...

Foreplay...guess Im done for the day now LOL!

Keshi.

Keshi said...

Tre u write details of every face, movements and emotions so darn well..ur truly amazing!

Keshi.

Trée said...

Thanks Keshi. Blushing like Trev. Just wait for what comes after foreplay. I'm thinking I'm going to need a warning label for that chapter. :-D

DTclarinet said...

Trée- I have no idea what this little vignette implies. Blank. Call me naieve or whatever.

I hope you are well. I noticed you've been over at Betty's. I'm glad for that. She needs all the TLC and attention we can muster. And you are gifted at giving it.

best wishes,
peace,
David

Trée said...

David, Betty is a rare soul and I'm so glad to see her posting and blogging again. I hope she continues to grace us with her insights and her life. I feel like I could share several cups of tea with her and only want to share several more.

As for this post, it is meant to tease and even those following the story will be left guessing what the file was about, who it is on, and why Trev and Kyra reacted the way they did. The next chapter, if I have the balls to post it, will shed light on this one. Let's just say the story is about to take a little detour behind doors. Won't be to everyone's taste and I'll put a disclaimer for content, but life is too short and I just feel like having a little fun with one of my characters.

So good to see you around David. I've been impressed with the output on your blog since you returned to regular blogging. You are on an incredible personal journey and I can feel your energy and excitement in every post. Keep it going my friend. :-)

Trée said...

If you haven't read the chapter above this one yet, do so now. This rest of this comment is a "spoiler" for this chapter.




Okay, in this chapter, Kyra has instructed Trev to examine the strange blue liquid Yul ingested in her suicide attempt. His test show it to be a very potent and illegal aphrodisiac, which apparently he has done more than just test. :-D

Peach boy, what can I say. This is what happens when I leave him alone. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Not reading the rest of that comment.

Trev, bless his heart, I can just picture him standing there and Kyra decked out in her leather gear and speaking in those firm tones. :-)

I'm left curious, to say the very least. Nicely done!

Trée said...

Hey you. I hope after you read the chapter above that this one makes perfect sense. I did enjoy the "Foreplay" aspect of this chapter knowing what I was going to write next. Yul is just full of surprises the little devil. Just makes me more and more curious about her life back on Hyneria. Seems she ran with a dangerous crowd. And who's place did she take and how did she manage that? Mmmm . . . :-D

Keshi said...

LOL okkkk let me read that.

Keshi.

ChickyBabe said...

Sorry, was there an image here?? I read the word foreplay and where was I....

Trée said...

Hopefully reading the chapter above this one. ;-)

DTclarinet said...

Trée- Good for you! Glad to hear you having "fun" with the story. I'll check back to see where it goes...

Trée said...

David, you are welcome around here anytime. Hope you had a wonderful holiday. :-)