Saturday, May 08, 2010

Blogger comment issue and workaround

I just discovered that many of my postings from 2005 and 2006 are showing zero comments. These are postings I know contain/had dozens and dozens of comments. I have submitted the issue to blogger; however, quite by accident, I've discovered a workaround. So if you want to see comments from any post in 2005/2006 that is currently showing zero comments, this is how we do it:

Leave a comment on the post in question. It will not show up except on the recent comment widget and in my email. Upon seeing your comment, I will go to the post in question and also leave a comment. It seems that when the second comment is left, all of the older comments magically reappear. I've tried this on three of the postings in questions now and it has worked all three times.

The good news: all those precious comments have not been lost

8 comments:

Ms Storm said...

Am so glad they are not lost.

I realized it must be a blogger issue and not a lack of comments, when my 'new' comment didn't show up either and when I saw there were plenty of comemnts on the post directly after, but I figured it was a temporary thing and that it would come back. Am glad, now that it seems it isn't, that you have found a way to locate them. Hopefully blogger will solve the issue, so that it doesn't happen again.

Trée said...

When you first alerted me to the missing comments, my heart dropped. You, my dear, have written a novel within the novel and as to delight imparted from one, I take it from the other and so in this way we dance as partners. :-)

Autumn said...

:-) I like that.

Trée said...

Can you shake it like Maria? :-)

Autumn said...

Shake til you quake :-)

Trée said...

Why does that answer not surprise me. :-)

FunBlogger said...

One of the main feature of using third party comment system is Reply option to comments which blogger lack.
I recently saw this tutorial on How to add reply option to blogger comments and thought to share with you

ghrency said...

thanks for sharing your post..

custom wood furniture