Friday, May 07, 2010

763. sitting with the morning

As Em slept, Trev slipped down to the lake with pen and pad and sat the morning as the turtles near by. He began to write:

I am a child before her smile and in her arms feel no need to go anywhere, to do anything but be, exist, float, the connection to life, to living, so strong. And as I watch the flowers swaying I feel a kinship I've never known and the separation between body and mind slips away and there is a feeling of peace that I can only describe as floating upon a summer lake, in the mountains, with nary a sound or song outside of cardinals and sparrows and, perhaps, a nightingale.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Heaven is what this is, what you describe, to belong completely to another, to each moment. Superb, loved this.

Trée said...

I'm on my second day of stillness. And even though I craved it, knew I needed it, the healing power of silence, of quiet, even just for two days, has been nothing short of extraordinary. Many weeks I imagine will it take to knead the stress from my mind, heart, body and soul but the air, here, is as a spa, and with each breath, I feel life again seeping into my veins. And you know what? I think Trev is going to write about it. :-D

Autumn said...

If you were closer I would hug you tight so that you would know just how joyful it is to hear you say this. Sounds divine. Look forward as always to time spent with Trev. :-)