Friday, May 21, 2010

767. the others

I want to go into town he said. To a cafe, one with an outdoor patio to the street. And I want to sit there with you, just us, and watch people walk by.

She smiled and said okay.

But that is not really why he added.

Oh?

I want to hold your hand.

Again she smiled.

And I want to kiss you.

You know we can do that here.

We could, but then I wouldn't be able to see the others.

What others?

The others looking at us.

Really?

You know that look, that smile, the kind one has when walking into the sun. I want to see that; and too, to give that, to give those smiles. You know we can do that.

She sighed and opened her arms. Then let's go.

3 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

How appropriate, as I read this, George Strait is on playing "Carried Away"...Seems to "fit"! We all know that look, the look of love, of Mother and child, of boy and girl. We all long for that, to be looked upon and have everyone see it, everyone not only see it but feel it, and know that those two are very blessed to have that, that power, that feel, that...I wish I could express what it is that I want to say, Your ability to move us is truly a gift, much like the gift that Trev and Em have.

I ramble senselessly so I shall stop.

LOVE ALWAYS

TIGHT HUGS and WARM KISSES

XOXOXO

hhHH

ps...I owe you comments on the last 6 or 7 posts, and when I slow down a little I will make good on that. Just know I visit and read, I have just been too busy to get my thoughts in order...haha, like they're ever in order!

Ms Storm said...

How behind I am, sigh.
And how I loved this, then when I first read it, today as I read it once more. How I love them, Trev and Em, to hear, to watch, to see the joy, the light, the love they create in one another, by simply being, together. Such, as they create, so consuming, so encompassing, I am filled with joy to watch, to know, am filled with adoration, plain and simple, for them, for your characters, how to explain other than that to say as friends, as loved ones, their happiness is felt and reflected. It (the experience of reading this post) makes the/this reader feel hugged.
Hugs back attcha, dear heart, for your gifts.

ghrency said...

nice post..

custom wood furniture