Sunday, July 08, 2007

310. Curves

Von: Want to talk about it?

Rog: Nope.

Von:(waits a few seconds) You sure?

Rog: Yep.

Von: Okay, if you--

Rog: What was I suppose to do.

Von: Is that a question?

Rog: No, not really.

Von: (few more seconds go by) How's your snizzle?

Rog: Good.

Von: Good.

Rog: You know what I miss?

Von: What?

Rog: Curves.

Von: (laughs) Curves?

Rog: Yes, curves. (no response from Von) You know. Curves.

Von: What kind of curves?

Rog: Two kinds.

Von: Really?

Rog: Yep.

Von: (says nothing)

Rog: Well?

Von: Well what?

Rog: Aren't you going to ask?

Von: About what?

Rog: The frailing curves.

Von: Okay. What are the two kinds of curves?

Rog: The kind you see and the kind you feel. Before my Jackassery, I never understood that the two were not one and the same, but when you lose your sight, everything looks different. (laughs at himself) Looks different. Get it. (laughs some more)

Von: Yea. Funny stuff.

Rog: But after awhile, you start thinking and you know what I thought . . .

Von: I have no idea.

Rog: Got any snoot?

Von: (belly laughs and pulls out a bottle) Now render unto me my due.

Rog: What?

Von: Just tell me what you thought.

Rog: Right (takes a sip). Well, when I lost my sight that is when I realized that there were two kinds of curves, not just one. You see, before, I thought a curve was a curve.

Von: Pardon me but what the frail are you talking about?

Rog: A curve Von. You know.

Von: (laughs in a non-laughing manner) Pretend I don't.

Rog: A woman Von. The curves of a woman. Take Yul for example.

Von: You sure you want to go there?

Rog: (Rog ignores him) There is the curve of her head, so frailing round you just want to roll marbles off the top of it. You can't look at her head and not see the curve, how her long purplish green hair lies flat, how the light highlights the curve (takes another sip). I'm telling you, you don't appreciate that curve until it's gone.

Von: Marbles? Are you frailing kidding me. Marbles.

Rog: Shut the frail up and let me finish. This is my theory. You can talk later.

Von: Please professor Rog, enlightening me more on rolling marbles off the head of women.

Rog: You through?

Von: The floor is all yours.

Rog: Her eyes, they curve like rainbows in the tropics. Her cheeks, curve like mountains rising in the dawn and those mountains Von, are never the same. I swear she can smile a hundred different ways and every time, that curve is slightly different, frailingly intoxicatingly different, almost as if she knows, like she can manipulate the angle of her jaw to communicate the smallest nuance of desire. And then, when you see those cheeks and those dimples, you notice the curve of her nose, that upturned, I will get down and dirty and make you like it nose, that nose that curves in such a way as to fit in places, well, in places, you know, places.

Von: Yes, places. Curves and places. Got it. Continue.

Rog: Her lips Von. Don't tell me you never noticed the curve of her lips. The upper lip curves intelligently down in a gently sweeping motion but the lower lip, oh my frailing my, Von, that lower lip curves sharply, levels out and curves again. If a curve could pout, that is one frailing pouty curve. Hot damn Von, you know what I'm saying.

Von: Yea. Curves. Intelligent and pouty.

Rog: It gets better.

Von: Oh I'm sure it does.

Rog: Nothing like the curve of her neck and the neck has several curves. The back of the neck, such a short curve compared to the lower back. When she lifts her hair and holds it above her head, both hands, that curve looks regal, almost like a Chatelaine. Can you imagine me with a Chatelaine?

Von: Nope.

Rog: That is a curve for you. See what I'm talking about?

Von: Have some more snoot. On second thought, I'll have some more.

Rog: Then there is the collarbone. A complex curve and, for curve connoisseurs like--

Von: You?

Rog: Yea, like me. As I was saying, for a curve connoisseur like me, when seen in the right light, at just the right angle, the curve of the collarbone is as sexy as any curve there is. You see, the best curves are the ones you don't think are curves, the ones she doesn't think are curves. Call them hidden curves, natural curves, curves without machination.

Von: Machination? Do you even know what that means?

Rog: John loved word games and we had a long seven days on the way to bring your arse back. I got more.

Von: Like what?

Rog: Like, like, like I'll use them when and where I please.

Von: I see.

Rog: Now the breasts.

Von: The breasts? Since when did you start calling them breasts?

Rog: Since about two days ago. Now listen up (Von laughs, hard). The breasts have two important curves. The upper curve and the lower curve and they have two dimensions, standing and horizontal. From collarbone to nipple is one curve and the one most unappreciated. See, the nipple, especially when hard, erect, distracts from a full appreciation of the upper curve. Now the lower curve, that's the one every one knows. From rib to nipple, but you know what?

Von: What?

Rog: It is a subtle curve, not a gross curve (Rog paused as if proud of himself for the distinction).

Von: Really?

Rog: And the spot right at the juncture of rib and tit, that is the place.

Von: For what?

Rog: For appreciation to begin.

Von: (shakes head)

Rog: Speaking of appreciation, Yul has the most glorious arse I've ever seen. Now the curve there, magnus melodious like twin moons over a placid lake. And this takes me to confluence.

Von: Pray tell what is confluence?

Rog: You know. Where one curve blends into the next curve.

Von: For instance?

Rog: Lower back into the arse. Remember Neraj?

Von: What about it?

Rog: Well, that is where I bought Yul "the tool." And that first night, we had moonlight so bright, so cool in its bluish shade, it felt like winter at noon, only it wasn't cold. You remember the huge picture windows we all had in our quarters right?

Von. Of course.

Rog: Well, I showed the tool to Yul and she immediately wanted to try it.

Von: I thought the tool was a solo--

Rog: It was, is. Do you want to hear the story or not?

Von: Go on.

Rog: So we have this incredible moonlight coming into her quarters. She is on the bed and she pulls out the vial.

Von: You knew about the vial then?

Rog: No, no, no. I had no idea. I thought she was rubbing perfume on her wrists. Anyway, she was on the bed, on all fours and, maybe it was the vial--

Von: Wait a minute, what does the vial have to do with you?

Rog: Oh, she rubbed her wrist on my neck.

Von: When?

Rog: Between the--what the hell Von, your confusing me. Just let me tell the story.

Von: So she had the vial and she has intoxicated you with it and herself and you are in a chair and she is on the bed.

Rog: Yep.

Von: And where is the tool?

Rog: In her left hand.

Von: Continue.

Rog: Well, when she dipped her back and rotated her hips with a turn of her head that is when I knew.

Von: Knew what?

Rog: Confluence. Are you listening?

Von: Ahh, right, confluence.

Rog: And you know what else?

Von: What?

Rog: There are static curves, the kind you can appreciate in a photo and then there are curves that can only be appreciated in living motion.

Von: (holds his glass and inhales, lost in the image)

Rog: You know what I'm talking about?

Von: I think I do.

Rog: Von, when she turned her head and I saw that neck muscle catch the light, almost emerging from her collarbone in the bluish glow, and you know how lean and tight Yul is.

Von: I do.

Rog: Well, she looked so frailing feline in that pose, like a hungry predatory cat stalking prey, so lithe, so strong so frailing in control. Just prime Von. Just frailing prime.

Von: (smiles)

Rog: But that's not what I'm talking about. When she turned her head and parted her lips, she spread and rotated her hips in a single motion, a fluid, effortless move, well, I would call it a dance but that wouldn't do justice to the art of that move. I just wanted to watch and you know, I've never just wanted to watch. That move, if I never see it again in a thousand years, that move Von is as clear in my mind as if it had just happened.

Von: I can imagine.

Rog: Well, that is the first species of curve, the one you see.

Von: And the other?

Rog: (sounds more sober) The ones you touch and the ones that touch you (takes another sip). Well, after my jackassery I started thinking about curves and I realized that I might not ever see those curves again, but I could still feel them, touch them, caress . . .

Von: I get the point.

Rog: At least that's what I thought. I can't see but I can touch and if you had to choose--

Von: Touch.

Rog: Yes.

Von: And now?

Rog: Can't see. Can't frailing touch. So I ask you. I'm asking. What was I suppose to do?

Von: Depends.

Rog: For crying out loud, what kind of answer is that?

Von: Look. Do you want my opinion?

Rog: No.

Von: Fine. You wouldn't have like it anyway.

Rog: Well.

Von: Well what?

Rog: At least I can still touch myself (suppresses a laugh)

Von: By Janus, yes you can.

Rog: Pour me another.

Von: With pleasure.

32 comments:

Keshi said...

The curves of a woman r the only roads that a man would fail his Driving Test on LOL!

Keshi.

Mona said...

It is indeed an interesting chapter! To be able to see the curves in this manner. There are several other ways too!
Its strange I have myself imagined measuring the curves & how! Just strip & pour chilled paint over your head, close your eyes & feel it travel.That is how you measure them in motion.. the feel of the viscous liquid travel over you, slide somewhere, stop somewhere drips somewhere settle somewhere.Its like a journey through the surface of the earth! The valleys the mountains the dunes the rivers the gorges and the plains... the clandestine manoevure of a swerveing turbulent watery flow over pebbles and stones... slow, like a strip tease artist covered with symbols and symptoms...

Tracing the curves is so symbolic of being anchored to earth. Maybe I feel like that because I feel so close to my elements.

& then tracing the line on space, you will see so many curves of the planets the sun the moon & the stars...
I have imagined love making like that, eyes to body, body to skin, skin to soul, soul to universe...Mahamudra...the total orgasm with universe, the melting and the merging.. the golden bridge which makes one life energy vibrate on both poles.. millions and millions of times deep & at once millions of time high.. like melting into the very source of being!

See? how quitely you steal away the matter of what could have become a post!!

Hav eyou seen the curves of the Yin and the Yang fit into each other? It is like dynamic meeting of cloud and thunderbolt... & then it rains & you get soaked!

Hey! I drift again from the chapter.

Rog sensitivity is enhanced with the lost of one of his senses.its like visualising with eyes closed & a burning breath...its strange, how a movement a ripple brings the body to its elements!!

Trée said...

Keshi, LMAO! That is funny, funny because it's true. I take it you've seen a few drive off the road and over the cliff. :-D

Trée said...

Mona, when I read your comments I feel like I am reading a private posting, just for me. Your comments could be posts in their own right. Sometimes when I am reading one of your comments, I feel myself floating on your words, carried away and into the wonder of your mind, of how you think, of how you see, of what you know and what you have experienced. Then I fall to my knees with gratitude and thankfulness, for I know, to write a comment like the comments you leave here is an act of engagement, a sincere touching of minds and hearts and souls, of discourse taking place in the clouds of our imaginations, pregnant with love, and I say let it rain. I open my arms and hold them to the sky. I look toward the heavens and with dry lips and a parched mouth I yell, Let it rain! You see what your comments do to me? :-)

There is sex, raw and lustful and timeless. And there is sex mechanical and unimaginative and lifeless. Then there is Love and from a foundation of love there is love-making. You have described the essence of love-making better than I ever could. You make me want, yearn, dream and wish. You stir a hunger in my heart that echoes in my loins and flashes in my eyes. You hold a key in your words, words that come from your mind and your heart and your soul, but with those words a key that unlocks a part of me I didn't even know existed. How you do that, I don't know. How do words do that is beyond me.

So, how are your curves Mona? :-D

Trée said...

For those keeping score, add this chapter to the list of flight inspired prose. Written quickly on the flight from Nashville to Phoenix, I'll say no more. My meetings start in just over an hour. Wish me luck and sanity. :-D

Keshi said...

I've seen one slipping and passing out while driving on a smooth curve! :):)

Keshi.

Mona said...

Hi Tree! I told my curves that Tree was asking how they were & they told me to tell you that they were doing fine, thank you!

Trée said...

Oh Keshi, what a tragedy. :-D

Trée said...

Mona, good to know. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

How we only truly appreciate things when they are gone - like my internet. ;-)
Wish I wasn't rushing, would love to spend 30 minutes with this one. A sculpter could create from the words Rog spoke here, such a fabulous chapter. More soon. Love to you, x

Trée said...

Sweetest, so good to hear from you and know you are okay. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have internet by Friday. No worries on more chapters this week. The meeting is taking all of my time and energy. Take care and check in when you can. You are missed more than you know. :-)

Keshi said...

he's still on L's.

Keshi.

Trée said...

I'd rather be at the Y. ;-)

Stargazer said...

Wonderfully imaginative and descriptive! Your flights of fancy yield some excellent writing.

Hope your meetings went well (going well?), and safe travels.

Trée said...

Deb, thanks for the very kind words. Always very much appreciated. I'm here till the end of the week in beautiful sunny California.

Mona said...

still hanging onto curves I see :)

Trée said...

Oh how I wish I was. :-D

Autumn Storm said...

Hey you, sweet Poppet, gosh but I've missed you and this. Back online, thankfully this time there were no more delays. Will be catching up (re-reading, commenting) over the course of this evening, how I've been looking forward to that! Glad to hear all is going well in California. Take care, and have a wonderful Friday. Love and hugs, x

Autumn Storm said...

I do so adore this character, always have, and more and more for each glimpse of him that we see. Along with my heart, he captures my imagination, and I know, though he has taken us on quite a journey thus far, there is still the depth of an ocean still at which we can only wonder. When Yul attempted suicide we witnessed his love for her, but this, this slow appreciation, this reverence for the curves of her body - an absolutely exquisite piece of writing. Like silk drifting across skin entrances, as wholly absorbing were the lines he painted. Sight or not, he knows her. And this is her song. Gives hope, that Yul will learn of his marbles and rainbows and learn to forgive his recent absense. Makes me dream. Makes me love the story even more. Exquisite is all that I can say.

Trée said...

Sunshine, I too have missed you and missed your wonderful comments. The meeting has gone well, although, as you might imagine, the week has had its share of stress and concern and in that stress and concerned I've missed, more than you know, coming here and seeing your comments that take me away to a special place.

As for this chapter, there were so many more curves I wanted to get to, such as the curve of the calf, the back of the knee, from arse to thigh, the arch (curve) of the foot, the curve of the quads as seen in soft light, the curve of ear lobe, of a hairstyle, of eyelashes. And of course, the curve of a smile. :-)

As always my dear Sweetest, I do love and appreciate your comments.

Autumn Storm said...

:-) Perhaps he shall at some point tell her.
Hope these last couple of days go nice and smoothly. xo

Trée said...

Oh, I think he will. If not, I will. :-D

Lindsey said...

Curves...Hmmmm i thought you were talking about me! :o)

Trée said...

Linny, that would not be hard to do. No pun intended. :-D

Oliviah said...

Beautiful. Rog has a wonderful mind. I hear love in each of the curves he mentions. These chapters bring up such a sense of warmth, not just heart warmth. It would be neat to see this chapter written as a song. You used to post pictures of women's curves, this post reminded me of that. I wondered why you stopped posting them. Women curves and men's angles. Artwork. The human body. Such beauty.

Trée said...

Oliviah, thanks for the kind words. Always much appreciated my dear Beautiful Soul. :-)

Oliviah said...

I do hope you are having a good time in California. I am going to look in trebuchet to see if you have posted any pictures. Smooches!

Trée said...

Oliviah, a good time is not exactly the way I would describe a National Meeting. I'm home, but completely drained and exhausted from the week. It was a good week and we did some very good training. Today, I plan on doing nothing--absolutely nothing. :-D

Karen said...

My heart breaks for Rog... *sniffle* I just sent you an email of a good song that would be good for the Rog and Yul situation.

HUUUGS to you and Jack!

Trée said...

Thanks Karen. Looking forward to seeing what song you selected. Rog is resilient. You'll see. :-)

Karen said...

I am such a romantic - I really want them to work it out but I trust you and Jack so I'm looking forward to what is in store for Rog.

Let me know if you didn't get the email with the link.

Trée said...

Karen, got the link. Very nice song and I can see why you love his voice. :-)