Wednesday, January 04, 2006

57. Neraj

“Beautiful sight isn’t it. Would you have ever thought we would be privy to such a magnificent view?" Kyra asked.

Standing in front of the picture window in Kyra’s quarters Rog couldn’t disagree. He had seen plenty on Hyneria, but had never gotten the chance to travel off planet. Views like this reminded him of looking out over the ocean. One felt both small and at peace all at the same time. Deep space, like the ocean, seemed to put everything into perspective. Little worries actually did seem little.

“Nice view pumpkin, but I ain’t figuring you brought me here to wax philosophical about the cosmos,” said Rog.

Kyra laughed. “Cut the crap Rog. That view blows you away, you know it, but ain’t got the balls to tell this little pumpkin that there might actually be a sentimental bone in that leather saddlebag of a body of yours. Speaking of which, how are you feeling, not that I really care,” Kyra quizzed with a sly smile knowing she had disarmed her navigator without ever lying a hand on him.

Rog cleared his throat. “I’m feeling just fine. Why do you ask?” he queried, trying to gain some sense of control of the conversation he had lost so quickly. Kyra saw right through him. The anti-charm shield seemed to be working both ways.

“Has Trev said anything to you this morning about his discovery in the lab?” Kyra’s piercing blue eyes boring a hole right through Rog’s forehead. She had a natural ability to read faces for truth. Papa always said she would have made one kickass interrogator. No one on board would have disagreed with that view, nonetheless Rog at this moment.

With Kyra looking at him that way, he couldn’t have lied if he wanted, such was the power of her look. “Uh, nada. Got no idea what you're talkin ‘bout darlin'," Rog replied kinda smugly, feeling like he had found his balance again. Besides, it was the truth, he had no idea what was going on.

“Rog, you know anything about the animus virus?”

“Only that you get it just one time. If not treated with the proper antiviral vox within forty-eight hours . . .” Rog stopped in mid sentence. His eyes locked on Kyra’s and her’s locked back on his.

“Damnit, what do you need me to do,” Rog shifted gears. He was in full serious mode now. Playful banter jettisoned like a bad date on the front porch. Their small ship was sharing space with the most hostile virus known to Hynerians. Death rate exceeded ninety percent.

“I need to know as much as you can about Neraj. Download everything the Metalunans told us. Prepare the pod for launch and pick two other mates for a journey to the surface,” Kyra barked like a hardened master sergeant. Times like this her natural leadership ability rose to the surface. Papa always said leaders were born not made. Kyra was proving the point.

“Oh, and Rog,” purred Kyra.

“Yes ma’am?”

“Make sure everyone has their Golden Tree soup. That’s the only thing buying us time.”

Commentary Part 1:
this is an audio post - click to play
Commentary Part 2:
this is an audio post - click to play
Reading:
this is an audio post - click to play

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to be there, and to see what Kyra is seeing. Absolutely spectacular view. Thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yes. I can imagine thats what astronauts are seeing from space. Earth in all its glory - or perhaps a planet beyond?

Anonymous said...

absolutly stunning frac, just breathtaking

One felt both small and at peace all at the same time. Deep space, like the ocean, seemed to put everything into perspective. Little worries actually did seem little.

just excellent Trée and love the diologue between Kyra and Rog, its just wonderful darlin

Anonymous said...

Tree, you make me dream in so many ways I didn't think was possible!

Trée said...

Terry, I want to stand in front of that wall to wall, ceiling to floor window to the universe and see the sights she is seeing. I think it would change me. In a good way. Just like time at the ocean does.

Trée said...

Greetings Jack. I wonder if the aliens are hiding just beyond the horizon. Thanks for the kind words.

Trée said...

Thank you Trace. I'm making slow but I hope steady progress in writing dialogue. Well, was this a blow the panties back on fractal? :-D

Trée said...

Chicky, that is such a wonderfully nice thing to say. Thank you sweetheart for making my night. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, was this a blow the panties back on fractal

most definitely LOL

just fab darlin!

How was your day sweetie?

Trée said...

Good day. Massage. Hair cut and now National Championship game. :-)

Anonymous said...

ooooh a massage, a am soooo jealous :0)

glad it was a good day darlin (hugs)

Anonymous said...

hey, T, you're watching the rose bowl? who are you rootin for?

Trée said...

Don't really have a dog in this fight. Hoping for a bazillion OT game so I have an excuse to stay up and surf the exchanges like the lazy slug I am tonight. LOL

Anonymous said...

me too! :) want usc to lose, but havin a hard time cheering for texas, since, as an ou fan, i'm supposed to hate them. lol...aim me if you're gonna be on :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely image!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tree,
You knew I'd love this image! It's awe-inspiring. Just stunning. I covet it. The story and the golden soup has me going too. That leather saddlebag body of his and all.

Trée said...

Liz, so glad you like this one. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I see so much peace in this image. Seems so quiet. No noise, just peace. I'm flattered you are getting into the story too. Thanks for leaving me such kind words. :-)

Trée said...

Annalee, long time no see. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the kind words. I like this one very much too. :-)

Trée said...

Sweetbabyk, not looking too good for those Longhorns right now. :-(

Trée said...

Looking a little better now. :-D

Anonymous said...

Trée, I think we all would like to stand in front of that picture window and be mesmerized by the view. GREAT JOB!!

I really like your commentaries. They enhance the story.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are just wonderful tree i hope to see more from you

Trée said...

Deb, so good to know you are listening, thanks for letting me know. Your kind and wonderful words are very much appreciated. The commentaries are soooo much fun to do. Can you tell? :-D

Trée said...

Aidan, just keep coming back. I've got plenty more like these. :-)

Thanks for the link. Always nice to know someone likes an image or two. Don't be a stranger. Comments are very much welcomed here.

Anonymous said...

outstanding commentary sweetie :0)


hope you are having a great nite!

Trée said...

Thanks dear. Listening to it for the first time myself at the moment. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Your voice was perfect! Strong, confident with a southern charm... :-)

And what a beautiful view Darlin'...

;-)

~Y

Trée said...

Oh Y, such warm sweet words. I think I'll read them again. :-)

Is a nice view. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Are you sure you didn't hitch a ride into space and take a real photograph? :-) Beautiful frac.
The dialogue is great, made me smile a couple of times, doing a great job.
Should have listened to all the audio, I haven't yet by the time you wake up, so I'll likely be filling this commentary box today with plenty of babble ;)

Happy dreams, sweetness, missed the snizzle, x

Anonymous said...

HA! You are a tease darlin'... lol!

The view is perfect... Silent, inviting... PERFECT!

;-)

Trée said...

A, you can fill my box anytime sweetie. In fact, now that you put that out there, I will be dreaming of a full comment box when I awake with my morning snizzle. :-)

Thanks Sunshine for your wonderfully sweet words. Just what I needed to hear before I slip off to bed. Have a great day my sweetest one. :-)

Trée said...

Y, moi, a tease? LOL

I take that as a compliment. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sweet dreams, xxx

Anonymous said...

LOL... Sweetie, you are a tease, but it's all good! Wouldn't you agree? :)

Trée said...

Thanks sweetie. I'm off to sweet slumber in just a minute. Enjoy the view and thanks for sharing it with me. How was the warm blanket?

Trée said...

Y, my view exactly! Now, I want to know what happened to that one little word that got changed in your post. ;-)

Of course, excitement isn't bad either. :-D

Anonymous said...

Warm :-D
Night (again), x

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! You caught that huh? What do you think, should I change it back?? Bad Tree!!

;-)

Trée said...

I'm really going this time A. :-)

Trée said...

Y, it's a very powerful word to hear a woman utter. Use your judgment, but I have to warn you. The way you articulate that one word will open your soul for me to see in ways you can only imagine. Now how is that for a tease. :-)

And with that, I'm off to bed, no pun intended.

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, I love that word... It is powerful and yet, it is so intimate and masculine... I will use my BEST judgement... Thanks sweetie!

Sleep well!

~Y

Anonymous said...

What a view, I would like to be there like Kyra who has the privilege to see what we cannot.
Just fabulous :-)

Anonymous said...

good morning sweetheart, hope you slept well and have a great day!
(hugs)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful--I always imagined Uranus to look like that.

Anonymous said...

There's just something special about having these posts read, cannot quite explain it - perhaps they just sound much better in your voice than mine :).
Thoroughly enjoyed the banter between Rog and Kyra!! Excellent all round.

Anonymous said...

Fab commentary - love the laugh :D

All that's left is to wish you a good morning, x

Anonymous said...

That has two views, looking at it deeper, I saw that it was a planet, not just a swoosh of color. Very cool.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for the plug yesterday. *HUGS*

Trée said...

Me too Kate. Thanks for the kind words. :-)

Trée said...

Good luck today Trace. Expect full report at 11. :-D

Trée said...

Thanks Saffron. Does have Uranus' color doesn't it.

Trée said...

Sunshine, I do so much appreciate all your feedback today. I am so glad you were able to listen to all the audio. Did you get your computer sound working or still checking in from another source?

Trée said...

Thanks Karen. I did several color variations of this image, but I liked these colors the best. My own little planet. Want to come for a ride with me and Jack? :-D

Anonymous said...

Was another source at the time. Enjoyed every minute.

Anonymous said...

Lindo!Lindo! Lindo!

Beijos!

Anonymous said...

*snicker* Sure! LOL Grab Jack and we'll go.

Trée said...

LMAO, what else would I do with Jack. :-D

Got a grip, you ready for the view?

Trée said...

Ano Novo Feliz Do E. Dos Agradecimentos. Beijos.

Anonymous said...

ROFL Bad banana, Jack!