Monday, December 17, 2007

397. It's Me


ed note: this chapter takes place approximately 24 hours after the crew reunites with Bravo--a flash forward so to speak since we will visit events in the preceding 24 hours in the chapters to come.

Kyra returned to her quarters and assumed the position, which is to say, on bended knee and arms extended as wings. With head bowed and eyes closed tight, she placed her plea before hearts more open than her own. A brightness filled the quarters and a voice melodious spoke. "Open your eyes."

As if a warm ocean wave had gently washed over her porcelain skin, Kyra perceived an energy rare such as to be unmistakable and her heart felt as if a balloon floating in her chest, pulling toward home by the wind and the sun of life itself. Standing, floating, before her, a vision; and it spoke again. "Be not alarmed. Nothing stays the same, even in the life to come."

Kyra looked puzzled.

"It's me."

"Who's me?"

"Kieran."

11 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

Haven't read it yet, about to, did you spot Mr T? :-D

Autumn Storm said...

The word unmistakable gave me a flashback of the chapter that spoke of the scent of Papa and so for a moment there, I thought perhaps he might be the person speaking. I'm so glad to see Kieran again, or rather so glad to know that Kyra sees Kieran again. :-)
The flash forward is a wonderful idea, wets the appetite to know all that happened leading up until this time. :-) Very, very nicely written, it's one thing I think to capture an audience with a longer chapter and quite another to be able to do the same just as well in just a few short paragraphs (or even a single sentence as you have sometimes done:). As if a warm ocean wave had gently washed over her porcelain skin is such a lovely description of what she feels as Kieran joins her. Most intriguing is the part about things not staying the same even in the life to come - with Kieran, thus far at least, he never quite explains himself fully, which is another reason why it is so good to see him again. He left so soon, and has left time and again, we never really get to know him very well. In short, there is a great sense of mystery to him, as there should be. :-) Wonderful chapter!

Miladysa said...

Great image!

Anonymous said...

Hi !
The image in the post "Lave " is amazing and this one makes me dwell on some spiritual thoughts.Kieran again!
Thanks and hope this finds you in good health and spirits.

(*_*)

Uma

Trée said...

Uma, your kind words are always appreciated. Thank you. :-)

Trée said...

Thanks Miladysa. :-)

Trée said...

Sweetest, you always say the nicest things. :-)

Mona said...

ah! the angel come to the rescue!

Placing her plea before hearts more open than her own... reminds me of an event from my own life.. strange how some seemingly innocuous lines carry so much weight... even the author of them would not know...

" Be not be alarmed. Nothing stays the same, even in the life to come."
Very powerful and profound words those. The Key to peaceful existence!

Tree. I have loved all the three chapters I read today.

Trée said...

Thank you Mona. I need a Kieran in my life right now, someone who's heart is more open than mine, one who can see what I am blinded to, one who, with love and compassion and wisdom can guide me through times of trouble. I envy Kyra here.

On a side note, as my iTunes library plays randomly, I just noticed Sarah McLachlan's Angel is currently playing. Might not make a bad soundtrack piece for this chapter. ;-)

Miladysa said...

Ah! I understand now :]

Trée said...

Miladysa, to see you read back through so many of the older chapters means more to me than you know. Thank you. :-)