Wednesday, September 12, 2007

340. Kiss the Sun

“Papa, what are you doing?” asked Kyra as she watched her grandfather embrace the sun with his tanned face.

“I am dropping everything that keeps me from the flow of the eternal.” He said it is such a way as to leave questions moot, a tone so commanding, so authoritative, so sure, one just stood in the midst of mind spinning.

So Kyra, with tiny white dress stood on the southern deck and, like Papa, held her face to the sun and her hands outstretched. Papa noticed and said, “What are you doing little one?”

“I am embracing life and the sun is embracing me back. We are naked, our souls as one.” And as the last word rolled off her lips, she kissed the air.

Papa laughed and as hard as Kyra tried to maintain her composure, she started laughing too. Before long, they heard the familiar voice of Grand. “Okay you two, time for breakfast.”

8 comments:

Trée said...

A quintessential Papa/Kyra chapter. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

This chapter shows us just how lucky both were to have the other. As warm as that sun shining upon them.

Papa may not be there with her now, but his love for her and hers for him is eternal. Goldie may given voice, but not to anything that Kyra didn't know.

I could say so much about this one, but it's almost redundant, to re-use a word, it speaks and I want just want to listen and not talk.

I'm absolutely overwhelmed. Taking them all with me today, and I'll be back later. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Hope you have the kind of dreams you want to remember, the sweetest kind. :-) Happy day ahead when you get that far.

Trée said...

Started my day by downloading the music video 1234 by Feist (used in the new Nano ads here in the US). Guaranteed to make you smile. Sometimes simple is best. I think Papa would agree. :-)

Constance said...

Beautiful imagery, Tree.

Trée said...

Thank you Annie. I really enjoyed creating this image. Brings me peace whenever I look at it. :-)

Kes said...

You created that beautiful spot? Its lovely! I could just picture vestal virgins coming out in long diaphanous robes to worship there, until I saw your whimsey in the bicycle!

I love the childlike zest for life you've captured in Kyra's version of Papa's ritual and the words she uses to describe it. Wonderful!

Trée said...

Thank you Kes. Of all the chapters I write, I favor the Papa/Kyra ones the most. Something magical in their relationship and interaction. I'm not even sure what it is, but I know it's there. :-)