Sunday, September 23, 2007

347. Hue Majestic


Where her form fitting melanic leather began and her sable hair ended could not be ascertain in the cold periwinkle cast. Upon bended knee the halo of niveous light, a via lactea of effervescent life, touched her nigrine shoulders as sovereign to knight on carpet coquelicot and crown aeneous. Scintillating upon her sapphire eyes, as festive lights coruscating on snowy windows, a language unknown to the common mind communicated, imbued, gifted knowledge and skill. Her arms, as wings, rose with supplicating palms upward and upon those palms, twin holographic images danced and whirled, her hands glowing as natural and supernatural embraced.

4 comments:

Trée said...

I've uses as many archaic color terms as I could not to preen like an arse, which I'm wont to do from time to time, but rather to communicate what cannot be communicated in words, which is to say, to look upon a deity in private accord.

Autumn Storm said...

So very captivating, to be just a few sentences and have that quality is really very special. The shortness dramatizes the moment, lending yet more emphasis (reverence) to what is clearly via description an event of great significance.
I do so delight in the way you construct sentences, when you write in this way especially, packing as much as you can into every line, where every word is chosen with care to convey as much detail as possible. I love words and language and so to read something like this is a real thrill. :-)
Just a gorgeously enticing piece of writing.

Mona said...

Communion!
Beautifully expressed!

Trée said...

Oh Mona, I wish I had thought of that--if I had, I would have named this chapter "Communion." Perfect! This is what is happening. Communion. Yes. Thank you. I see this chapter more clearly now than I did before. You are a blessing my friend. Thank you again. :-)