Wednesday, February 07, 2007

234. Love Is



The night rolled on with each member of the crew taking their turn. Trev, perhaps most of all, shocked everyone with his performance. His golden honeyed voice reached angelic proportions and some wondered why he ever considered medicine. Em seemed lost in her own world as Trev performed, with eyes only for dreams and possibilities.

Last to perform was Kyra. Taking the mike and standing center stage words flowed, or so it seemed, not from the lips but from the pounding in her chest and she looked over the crew toward Von working the bar, yet, as Von would later say, her eyes did not meet his. There are words and music and song but what Kyra performed eclipsed them all. Her eyes shone and her skin appeared to glow and with each movement of arm, with each step of foot, one felt the love and heat of a long simmering volcano erupting in sheer power and beauty that words alone failed to justify. So without further ado, I present to you, Kyra.


you look at me
and I go with you
and it's eternal, this moment
the sun is shining
life is laughing
my heart opens up
I want to give it to you
I want to carry you
I want to love you
for love has remained
didn't ask
is simply there
there's no running away
that's obvious to me

you and I that's quite surely
like a wonderful deep rapture
of the very special kind
and we have a right to
keep meeting again and again
to keep looking at each other
when the big wide world calls
I'll surely go with you

love doesn't want
love doesn't fight
love doesn't become
love is
love doesn't seek
love doesn't ask
love is like you are

good night my marvelous one
and I'd still like to express my gratitude
what you did
what you said
it certainly wasn't easy for you
you think of me in complete love
and what you see only moves forward
you're courageous
you're smart
and I'll always be there for you
that I know for sure

you and I we're like children
who love each other the way they are
who don't lie and don't ask
when there's nothing to ask
we are two and we are one
and we see things clearly
and when one of us must go
we are still always there

we are there, we are there, we are there
we are there, we are there, we are there

love doesn't want
love doesn't fight
love doesn't become
love is
love doesn't seek
love doesn't ask
love feels like you are

love should not
love doesn't fight
love doesn't become
love is
love doesn't seek
love doesn't ask
love is like you are

like you are
like you are
love is like you are
love like you are
love is like you are
love is like you are
love like you are
love is like you are
like you are
like you are


Above Von’s head glowed a bright red orb, pulsing with energy. No one saw it, save Kyra and many, many years later, when the subject of that night surfaced in an interview, a smile and a glow appeared on misty eyes that I swore looked pass me if not over me. I put down my pen and I smiled back, and for just an instant felt I knew what was witnessed by the crew so many years ago. Liebe ist.



Categories: Story, Kyra, Karaoke

12 comments:

Autumn Storm said...

:-)

Oh my, that was so very wonderful! What else could she have sung on this night, with him listening, in his presense. I love how perfectly the lyrics fit into how we have come to think of them, of how they transcend even the largest barrier, life and death, to find each other.
we are two and we are one
and we see things clearly
and when one of us must go
we are still always there

I really don't have the words for the emotions that this post evokes, the wonder of the two of them and how there is no sadness or regret, only complete love (which is a lyric in there somewhere I think, something like anyway). This is one of the ones, one of the chapters that are wholly indicative of what is so special about this story, like for example the chapter where Zeke put his arms around Von.

Pure, simple, perfect and beautiful.

Trée said...

Sunshine, thanks for such kind words. Work has been intense of late and the story has suffered with lack of postings. This morning I felt the need to move the story forward and although my heart was 100% engaged, my head was elsewhere. So, the spirit of this chapter is exactly what I wanted. The grammar and word choice, well, let's call it workmanlike at best. Gets the job done. :-D

To me, Nena looks like Kyra's sister and Kyra looks alot like her sister (if she had one that is). Did you get that? :-D

What I mean to say is, when I watch this video, I see Kyra in image and word, and like you, I think the song fits her and Kieran perfectly. One day, perhaps, we will revisit this interesting and vague relationship. I'll need to think about that one.

As always, your comments warm my heart and I love you to pieces for it. I don't think I can ever say that enough. :-)

Sweet dreams when you get that far.

SaffronSaris said...

As they said, medicine heals the body and singing heals the spirit. Trev is all-in-all, a master-healer.

Trée said...

Saffy, that is wonderful way to see the music of this piece. Thank you for sharing. :-)

Autumn Storm said...

Again, I cannot doubt, as you have disproved me before, that you could have made the actual prose even more. I cannot doubt, but it is hard to believe. The thing about this chapter though is that there is limited prose and isn't the individual words so to speak that has such a great influence, more so it is the mood within, the concept of love that can bridge such great and physical devides, the idea that Kieran is there in spirit (again so to speak) and that they are able to share this moment, this expression. The song is so beautiful, the words and the sentiments, and reading them in this way within the chapter, like the commenter said on DTWP, as though they were a poem, as a message from Kyra to Kieran as we know that he is for all intents and purposes there, her watching him and he watching her, unbeknownst to the others in the room, well, like I said :-D, I thought it was pure and simple and perfect and beautiful.

Trée said...

Sunshine, you always know just what to say and to me that is a gift of immeasurable value. Your comment has me smiling for ear to ear and it is so nice to know, that even when, in my opinion, the prose doesn't deliver what I would like, that you can still see and feel the essence of the chapter, the essence I felt in posting the scene. For that, I don't know the words to simply say you are a gift to me. Thank you my dearest Sweetest one. :-)

Oliviah said...

That was simply beautiful.

I wish that sentence were capable of expressing the depth of feeling this post evoked in me.

Light and Love.

Trée said...

Oliviah, I too likewise wish there was a way I could say how much I appreciate your comments and how they brighten my day so that you would fully understand how I value them.

You too, in my eyes, are simply a "beautiful soul."

Thank you for being you and thank you for taking a few minutes to leave me a little light and love. :-)

Magdalene-Sophie said...

Love is...

a stong word.if said too much, it will lose its purpose. if said without understanding, it will be a misconduct.

*smile*

Trée said...

Very true Meg. In this post, I let Nena and her lyrics walk on that thin ice. :-)

Good to see you about the place. :-)

Karen said...

This chapter is fantastic; I love how the lyrics fit perfectly with the mood; enhanced it. The song was perfect for her to sing.

Trée said...

Thanks Karen. I fell in love with this song the very first time I heard it and it has never gotten old. So glad you had a chance to enjoy it too and I agree, I think it fits perfectly with Kyra. :-)