Monday, December 05, 2005

20. A Single Step

The Hynerians had found true, loving and compassionate friends in the Metalunans. These beings had somehow made peace between the material and spiritual in ways that blurred the lines between the two, which in part explained why they had no ethical dilemmas melding their technology into living flesh. Metalunans simply refused to separate things into this and that but instead saw an oneness, a web of interconnectedness, “Love” for lack of a better term, that held the universe together.

Each technological breakthrough was seen as another facet of Love manifesting itself in the material world, of Love using Metalunan hands to bring form to formlessness. One could not have the form without the formlessness and likewise formlessness sought form as expression. No separation, no this and that. Just Love.

Much like vacation, the Hynerians knew the time was near to depart in search of their own place to call home. The Metalunans had mapped the uncharted territories into quadrants that looked much like a turtle’s shell. Each dark blue plate was marked with a single dot indicating unknown and, more than likely, unfriendly civilizations. The blue and white spiral and its accompanying offshoots represented the explored universe, what to the Hynerians was uncharted. Right place, right time was all anyone could mutter.

Where to go, the Metalunans could not say, and even if they knew, would not share. This was a journey the Hynerians would have to take on their own. The map would point them in the right direction, but the choices would have to be their own. Every journey starts with a single step. Time to lock and load; the path was calling for a step.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

By George, you've gone and done it again! :-)
Wow! Its an absolute knockout!! Fan-*-tastic, fractal and the story.

New name required...

Mr Fractal?

Fracman?

The Fracmeister! :-)

Trée said...

Oh Sunshine, you always know how to make me smile. :-D

Anonymous said...

Likewise :-)

Anonymous said...

Metalunans simply refused to separate things into this and that but instead saw an oneness, a web of interconnectedness, “Love” for lack of a better term, that held the universe together.

God you are so good Trée and I hope one of these days you realize that.

such a stunning fractal, once again, don't have words to describe the beauty :0)

Every journey starts with a single step. Time to lock and load; the path was calling for a step
just excellent sweetie, something I have been learning lately :0)

Fracmeister LOL just perfect Autumn, you are so cute :0)

Anonymous said...

cute! Protesting the use of that word ;-)

Trée said...

Trace, don't you know woman are always sexy, never cute--LMAO!

First thing a boy learns in Girls 101. :-)

Anonymous said...

ROFL, not when its girlfriends talking silly, thats only a guy thing. :0)

you got an A in that class didn't you Trée, you do know women well :0)

Anonymous said...

Yep, preference for sexy, though if YOU'd called me that, Trace, I may still have protested lol

Anonymous said...

see my point exactly LOL women just don't call each other that :0)

Trée said...

"not when its girlfriends talking silly"

I stand corrected. I must have missed that class. Was it early in the morning?

:-D

Anonymous said...

ROFL, I'm sure that was it, you would have probably made sure to go otherwise :0D

Anonymous said...

The more I look at it, the more I see different things in this one. Very cool. One of the best yet...

*HUGS*

Trée said...

Thanks Karen. Do you see the light blue hearts at the bottom of the spiral. Metalunan secret message. :-)

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful. I am becoming a master of understatement. I regret that.

Trée said...

Thanks Oliviah. No regrets necessary. Just you posting here makes my day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Cool, Trée! Staircases running off in all different directions---which way to go?????

of course, my mind is also able to see it as a really cool ice crystal too.

:)

Trée said...

Ciera, Thanks. Does look like a huge ice crystal. :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! you are so good at this. It's terrific :-)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are everything! So cool. Thanks Mr. George. (Professional name?)

Trée said...

Thanks Leigh. I've had a blast doing these. :-)

Trée said...

Terry, you can call me Mr Tree--lol. So glad you're enjoying this series.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trée, I haven't been blogging for a few days, and seems I've missed a lot. You continue to create those magnificent fractals, and have outdone yourself with the latest. They are STUNNING!

Trée said...

Thanks stargazer, the story just keeps rolling along like a Metalunan pleasure boat on Tigerland sea. :-)

You're kind words are most appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Trée, when are you gonna write a book, honey?

Trée said...

Oooh, call me honey a few more times and that book might be coming sooner. :-)

Anonymous said...

"Love" bringing the Universe together..lovely thought..dreams can come true..

Blessings,

Rhi

Anonymous said...

I'm mesmerised by this image, yet I cannot decipher what it reminds me of.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I took it as the "heart of it all"?

Anonymous said...

I'm so amazed at the play of colors in your latest works. I can't wait until I can figure out how to bend my own rainbow in the ways that you have.

Metalunans simply refused to separate things into this and that but instead saw an oneness, a web of interconnectedness, “Love” for lack of a better term, that held the universe together.

I know that this world came directly from your heart. I know that it is the world you hope for, as do I. Not in this lifetime - but one distant and yet...reachable. A beautiful humanity is represented by your Metalunans. I'm sure the Hynerians will take this experience with them to their new home.

Trée said...

Aggie, I'm amazed at the play of color in your heart and playful spirit. I think you need to take a couple days off next week and come to Tennessee for some private one-on-one fractal tutoring. I think we could find the experience mutually satisfying. :-)