Tuesday, December 13, 2005

34. Serenity Gardens

Prior to meeting with Ji Qong, all Zing Tao were encouraged to spend time with their Serenity Gardens. Papa Kyra, known to his mates as Zeke, embraced the opportunity. Ji had introduced the gardens as part of every initiates training. Known to aid in calming and clearing the mind, they were cultivated and used like training wheels in clear seeing.

Each initiate received one blue bamthem flower along with one pinkish purple flutrix. Bamthems and flutrices thrived on the level of surrounding serenity in their immediate environment. Yet, the relationship between the owner and flowers and flutrices was not one-way. Creatures of pure peace, bamthems and flutrices emitted a slightly sweet perfume with pollination and germination, almost unnoticeable, which interacted with Hynerian neocortexes in inducing the release of serenton, a rare chemical (similar to serotonin in humans) that relaxed the body and cleared the mind of wayward and random thought.

The garden’s owner, the bamthems and the flutrices worked together, almost symbiotically to promote a sense of peace, tranquility and serenity. The more accomplished the gardener, the more bamthems grew and the more the flutrices reproduced. The most accomplished Zing Taos had serenity gardens of many thousand of bamthems and flutrices, a sign they had reached superior levels of equanimity.

Zeke only had a handful of bamthems to go with his few flutrices. Yet, the sweet smell of serenity filled the air of his small abode. Troubles and worries quickly fell away like unbound shackles. A sense of freedom from illusion created an expansive clarity Zeke hoped to one day recreate without the aid of his garden. Today, however, was not that day. He was going to need all the help he could muster to not look like the blustering novice he felt himself to be. Of course, he knew, Ji would see right through him, but he also knew Ji would see his intent and heart and that had to count for something.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

just beautiful Trée, tranquil, reminds me of plumeria, you can almost smell the gentle fragrance in the wind. stunning.

hope you have a great day (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Lovely - for some reason this reminds me of the asian art which accompanies the annual cherry blossom festivals. Thanks for posting the fractal early :-)

Anonymous said...

Tree, thats just beautiful. Sorry I haven't been around too much lately. Things haven't been so good for me. Finally I think they're picking up so finger crossed.

Oh, and Merry Christmas :o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know what to say anymore. Love it!

Trée said...

Hi Sunshine. Amazing how the fractal moves the story. I had no idea Zing Tao cultivated such gardens and used them like training wheels to reach higher levels of mental development. That Ji, what will he reveal to us next. Mmm . . . LOL.

Glad you are enjoying the story. :-)

Trée said...

Dawn, hang in there. You are always welcomed to escape here and lose yourself for a few minutes in the images and story. Thanks as always for your kind words.

Trée said...

You're welcome Terry. :-)

Trée said...

Trace, thanks for the kind words and well wishes. How many more days before you hit the beaches?

Anonymous said...

Enjoying immensely, this post is wonderful, truly beautiful fractal, just as you describe peaceful, tranquil, serene...
How's life treating you today? Playing nice, I hope! ;)

Anonymous said...

a rare chemical that relaxed the body and cleared the mind of wayward and random thought.

but he also knew Ji would see his intent and heart and that had to count for something.



just excellent sweetie, I so love this tale you are weaving

hmmm lets see not that I am counting or anything but 13 :0)


not as busy today? or just couldn't stand not creating any longer :0)

Trée said...

Sunshine, I have nothing to complain about. And even if I did, I would try and see it for the illusion that it was.

Mmm, I'm spending too much time with these Zing Tao guys. LMAO.

Trée said...

Trace, busy again today, but I did have a small window to get something up. :-)

Anonymous said...

and for that... I thank you :0) a new chapter is always a nice addition to my day :0)

Anonymous said...

Um... you have brought out the editor in me. The plural of "fultrix" should be "fultrices", just like the plural of "matrix" is "matrices". I know that "fultrix" is an invented word but reading the plural as "fultrixes" gives me the same feeling as if you had to scrape your fingernails down an old fashioned chalk board. Sorry to be a pain!

Trée said...

Jenni, I stand corrected and have fixed the error. I hope the scraping of fingernails was not too painful. You can be my editor anytime. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that :) You are very kind. Love the latest installment of the story. Those of us who don't have a talent for writing, often become the editors :)

Trée said...

Jenni, you will find I'm very teachable and willing to learn. Feel free to offer any editorial advice you see fit. :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with mergrl, those flowers look a bit like plumeria, which are sweet scented.

I could use some of those bamthem and flutrices this winter, with a grueling Nutcracker run and such cold weather, bleah!

Trée said...

Plumeria. Gonna have to Google that now. Blogging is an education in and of itself. Should be required of all university students.

Anonymous said...

Oh I do need a bantham and a flutrix.
My heart, beating wildly from the previous posts, has now settled to a peaceful flutter. How do you stir such movement of emotion?

I know this story...one of giving our own energies to the living things around us and then receiving back from them. Einstein...energy...relativity.

A sense of freedom from illusion created an expansive clarity Zeke hoped to one day recreate without the aid of his garden.
As do I. As do you.
Could you possibly sum up an entire faith more succintly?

(and I am reminded that I hold firmly to my own illusions now...a safety net to prevent seeing through to a reality I fear. But why fear reality?)