Thursday, December 15, 2005

39. Discipline

Stepping inside the door, Lampré, Ji's personal assistant, greeted Zeke. No one knew exactly what kind of creature Lampré was since Ji had brought his friend from Brandonia. Lampré was thought to roughly translate to mean loyal and he or she or it was nothing if not loyal to Ji.

"Welcome lieutenant Zeke," Lampré purred. "Master Ji has been expecting your arrival. Please wait here."

Zeke was on time to the millisecond. He had paced his walk such that his hand touched the identification pad at the exact second of his appointment.

Contrary to public opinion, Zing Tao training involved no external discipline. No list of rules, no yelling, no berating, no breaking down the individual in order to rebuild them. Ji knew each candidate needed to retain their unique gifts and he also knew that discipline had to come from within.

Show up late for a meeting and you were out. Simple as that. You either were or were not, you either did or did not but in either case, it was up to you. So now Zeke would wait for Lampré to return. In a matter of minutes he would be stepping into Ji's inner sanctum.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome lieutenant Zeke," Lampré purred

You either were or were not, you either did or did not but in either case, it was up to you.


WOW!

Anonymous said...

wow...that pic is a touch on the freaky side. But very cool just the same.

It's warmed up a little here..enough to snow!

Anonymous said...

This is one scary dude. I wouldn't want to meet up with something that looked like that in the middle of the night. Vet haunting, Tree - too bad Halloween passed.

Anonymous said...

The fractal is (you guessed it) amazing!
You have the art of a great cliffhanger down to a T, sign of a true storyteller!
'Lampré' - how do you pluck this stuff from nowhere and still make it sound good, I would probably have called him/she/it Sam or something similar :)
Absolutely fabulous 'chapter' -
More please?!

Trée said...

Trace, Lampré was going to be female but then I thought how sterotypical would that be. I do like the way he/she/it purrs worth language. Now that I would like to hear.

Put a red hat on that thang. :-D

Trée said...

Hey Ciera, it's warming up here too. ;-) Thanks for the kind words sweetie. You can always send some of that snow this way. We'll take it.

Trée said...

Ahh, Jack. I finally created something you thought was scary. But could they beat Aquaman. Now that is the question.

Trée said...

More please? Oh my. Two of my favorite words. Say it again dear, let me hear you whisper "More please."

:-D

Anonymous said...

purrs worth language. Now that I would like to hear

LOL with this voice, the red hat and the right incentive, darlin I have purring down to an art form :0)

Trée said...

Trace, you're hired to do the voice for Lampré when the movie goes into production!

Okay, who wants to be Kyra?

Anonymous said...

Do, or do not. There is no try...

Trée said...

Hi Melly. I think Ji and Yoga might have crossed paths at one time but I'm not sure. :-)

Anonymous said...

Lampré purrs. Yes! I can hear the very tone. Soothing, mysterious, mystical.

We need not know the breed of this creature....we are far too overwhelmed by it's sheer magnificence.
And yet - as fantastic a creature as Lampré is, it pales in comparison to what is to come.

Zeke's mind must be spinning. Mine is.

I can't do it. I can't read the next post. Isn't it funny? I don't want to catch up completely. LOL I want to wait. I want to hold out this anticipation.

Trée said...

Oh Aggie, you are my angel in the night girl. I've been reading your comments and I feel intoxicated with the heartfelt love and attention you are sending my way. I'm motivated to keep writing and creating just so I can see what you will say next--lol.

I do intensely love your comments about the characters and the story. With each post, I'm becoming more drawn into this universe of wonder and peace and love, yet a universe where bad things happen and there are no guarentees.

Thank you for being uniquely you. All my love, hugs and kisses you wonderful magnificent sexy woman!