Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Thoughts and Prayers for Mensa Child

Our teammate Catherine Ryan posted this yesterday. Mensa Child is her oldest son.

Mensa Child has just been diagnosed with a malignant tumor. He is scheduled for surgery on Thursday morning at 11. We are waiting for a phone call tomorrow to go get blood work done. The doctor wants to compare the protein in his blood before and after removal of the tumor. After the surgery, he will need a CAT scan to see if it spread elsewhere. In the meantime, we will wait for biopsy results while he’s recovering from the surgery.

As you know, I believe in the collective power of positive thinking. Some people call it prayer. Whatever you call it, I’d appreciate your positive thoughts for Mensa Child during the next week - but especially on Thursday - for a quick recovery and a diagnosis that does not include radiation or cancer.



Catherine, our thoughts and prayers are with you and Mensa Child. Please keep us updated.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine, sending much karma and positive thoughts to you and your son.

JC

Anonymous said...

keeping my fingers crossed for mensa child.

Anonymous said...

Catherine, you don't know me, but I will keep you and mensa child in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Catherine -
Your son and you will be with me wherever I go.
Autumn x

Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much. Your thoughts/prayer/ positive karma are much appreciated... more than words can say.

Anonymous said...

You have my very best wishes.




-oVo

Anonymous said...

That is so sad... will be keeping him in my prayers. :-(

Anonymous said...

Prayers and hugs to the child and the Mom. So much worry, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

I'm holding space in my heart for you and your son. Prayers and best wishes!

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Catherine you don't know me, but I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers...

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Update:
Every aspect of the surgery went well. The removal of the tumor was the best case scenario, his recovery from the anesthesia was the best he's ever had. He was definitely feel love and compassion from the universe. He is pumped up and positive right now.
Cat scan is on Tuesday to see if it spread.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. The blogosphere's power for goodness has been inspiring.

Trée said...

Catherine, that is great news. You and Mensa Child will remain in my thoughts and prayers.