Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day: 9

sense of sarcasm is gone--pleasant inviting tone in my voice is surprising to myself--sadness surfaces as an intellectual experience, still felt within the body, but lacking emotional energy--the feeling is similar to being cut with a surgical scalpel, a beautiful clean cut, of a knife so sharp, no pain is experienced and the idea of the cut is strangely held in the mind as a thing in and of itself--a sharper sense of love beyond lust (equal parts or somewhere between platonic and postcoital)--cognition and perception changed--still trying to understand the subtleties--there is an element of 'not caring' that is more complex than prima facie awareness--somehow, this ties into lack of irritation and I cannot tell if I'm simply sedated or rational or some combination that shuts down emotional reaction--a need to analyze things rather than create them--to try to comprehend the effect and affect of psychoactive drugs, which brings into question issues of personality and identity, which by implication calls into question relationship, for the question then becomes, relationship with who--sense of not being completely clear-minded--certain sense of detachment (body/mind/environment)--pettiness is less--concrete preferred to the abstract

14 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

It looks as though things are starting to look up. This is great to hear. I think you are incredibly brave to be sharing this with all of us.

Thank You,

Thoughts

Prayers

And many HUGS to you

H

Woman in a Window said...

Tree, I'm here. I'm fluffing up pillows. Folding blankets. Putting dishes away. You lift your feet and I'll wipe the coffee table. Don't mind me.

You sound like you are carefully keeping an eye on all of your parts. I'm hoping they cooperate. Seems they're settling down a bit. Be well.

xo
erin

Autumn Storm said...

This post was good to read. It sounds as though you are coming into focus, that the storm across your landscape is settling down, the sun is just peaking forth and there is an emerging crispness to the air. (Now that comparison will certainly not come under the category of original as mentioned below;-D) Continue to wish you well, with an abundance of love and hugs, x

Conartisse said...

The love you take is the love you make. What does that even mean.

Lady of the Lakes said...

Nothting for Day 10. I can only assume that "no news is good news".

Still thinking and praying for you.

Sending you an never-ending supply of love and hugs.

xoxoxoxox

H

Anonymous said...

Writing is very therapeutic and time is a great healer.

Autumn Storm said...

Echoing the hope expressed above that no news means good news. Thoughts, love, hugs, more.
x

Trée said...

hanging in there--still keeping updates but they seem quite repetitive so I haven't posted--I appreciate very much all the comments here--bottom line: I feel as if someone has surgically removed my emotions and it is killing me not to be able to feel as I once did--I'm committed to staying the course until my next doctor visit and make whatever adjustments necessary--I can't go back to the darkness of before but I can't live the rest of my life in this drugged out state either--so I'm looking for some middle ground

Lady of the Lakes said...

Glad to hear you're hanging in there. You sound as though you have a positive attitude, and that, I believe is VERY important to recovery. I know you are committed to finding the right "fx". We all are here. If you need anything, just let out a yell, one of us will be there for you before you know it. Keep us informed, we all truly love you, and are here.

Thoughts, prayers and hugs...

xoxoxoxo

H

Roxana said...

your precise and subtle self-analysis is awe-inspiring. i feel torn to say this, because nobody would want to go through that just to find out truths about the way human psyche works - and yet i keep thinking, you are there and you use this as a tool to investigate your self, perhaps this too will have a meaning, will be precious in the end, when you get out of it (as i am sure you will).

ps. do you know Henri Michaux? he experimented with drugs under medical supervision to investigate brain mechanisms, and the results were astonishing books of poetry and drawings. unfortunately there is little information on him in English language, i found this presentation here:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0268/is_1_41/ai_91202085/

Lady of the Lakes said...

Hugs were sent this morning, but since I believe you can never have too many...


**********H U G S**********

and as usual, thoughts and prayers going out to you.

:-)

H

Trée said...

Roxana, I had not heard of Henri so I appreciate the heads up. I look forward to learning more about his experiences. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Thanks for checking in. :-)

Trée said...

LotL, hugs are always welcome. Thank you.

Autumn said...

On my mind, in my heart, x