Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day: 6

less drowsy--hearing still seems muted--sensation on top of head remains--general malaise just short of lassitude--awareness of being unwhole without clear comprehension--a vague fuddleness--a sense of the meds only holding moor--tethered to the dock of science--chained by a pill--a warring between what was and what is or between who was and who is--a certain cacophony between personalities--and all the while a growing frustration with what I can only call the insipidity of my existence

today feels the least drugged and the most normal and herein lies the fear: this new emotionally dulled self seen and accepted as is--sexual function remains impaired, which in and of itself is unacceptable--the impairment is not physical but mental and it seems upon examination as if the mental wires that ignite orgasm have been disconnected--desire remains but seems rather pointless--feminine charms fall flat--the entire physical and mental landscape has shifted but my memory of the old map is still clear; a cartographer with two versions of me

Still, I am more pleasant to be around and more engaging of others--what is lacking is simply a passion for anything--nothing wrong with the analytical functions of my mind--concentration is fine--mathematical abilities unimpaired--speech centers seem unaffected--touch, taste, smell and sight all seem fine--only hearing appears to me affected--music still feels more architectural than wavelike

the creative functions, of fiction and poetry, are absent, as they have been these last six days

5 comments:

Lady of the Lakes said...

Your always in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm wishes and tight hugs.

:-)

H

Leslie Morgan said...

Some anti-depressants are prescribed specifically because they do not cause sexual side effects. Ask about them. Having issues in that way can create another whole raft of depression and trouble.

<3

j said...

Checking in. Still praying for you and sending you warm thoughts. I pray that the results will be completely favorable soon.

What a formal and stiff sounding comment - ACK. Sorry Tree. Prayers for sure :)

Liane said...

Your body seems to toss you through some loops while getting adjusted to the medication you are taking. It's not a pleasant read when you describe the things you have lost, while it puts a smile on my face when you mention that you seem to be more acceptable of people around you (at least that's how I understood your words.. forgive an ole foreigner ;-) ) Nevertheless, i am here to sit beside you once more and to extend my arms to engage in a hug as usual. HUG!!

Trée said...

LotL, thanks.

Limes, believe me, I'm watching this issue very closely. :-D

Jen, means a lot to have you stopping by.

Liane, you are very kind and I am very thankful you are hanging around.