Wednesday, September 23, 2009

something more

She put her finger to her lips. The walls were thin. We could be heard. But there was something in her expression that belied the request. Something more. Like a note passed in class with a smile, with a touch in the passing that lingers just a little longer than necessary, like a kiss stolen in a shadowed corner, voices heard, footsteps near. As lips touch; and the warmness of breath is shared. And a memory imbedded, of wintergreen and lilac and the soft stroke of nails on the nape of the neck, of tender softness pressing with each breath, of the texture of denim, the freshness of shampooed hair, the caress of a cold nose.

10 comments:

Cande said...

All of your writing gives strong sensations. Sight, sound, touch, smell and emotion. It's a good thing it's short. I might have a sensual overload.... did I say sensual? oops. I meant sensory. ;)

Leslie Morgan said...

. . .intense communication without the exchange of words . . . beautiful, Tree. Thank you for the brunch time smile and sigh.

Trée said...

Cande, I'd be happy to work on your sensual overload. :-)

Trée said...

Beautifully said Limes. :-)

Roxana said...

the rhythm is so well mastered and the images evoke memories and open new longings, at the same time - lovely...

hi, Tree! :-)

Trée said...

hi Roxana. :-)

This piece is the blurring of three different memories for me. One illicit, one should have been, and the other, well, discretion lies on my lips. :-D

Woman in a Window said...

ummm, i'd like to simply stay here
but my couch calls me to sleep
and then my world to work.
damn world! (I'll have to read more later.)
ummm.

Trée said...

Sweet dreams Erin. Thanks for stopping by. Perhaps soon I'll have a world too.

Anonymous said...

this is exactly how kissing feels.
thank you for sharing and I hope to visit again soon.

it would also be interesting to see if we could collaborate some time in the future-see if we can capture the intangible.

-j.

Trée said...

j, thanks for the kind words. I'm always open minded, for where would we be if a couple of people before us had not collaborated. ;-)