Tuesday, June 09, 2009

integrity fallen (KKB-11)

Tell me
did he stand tall
lift his shield
parry the blow
bearing
dignified?

yes
my lord

clear of eye
speaking in stance
resolute
hair waving as
the standard
planted
with his feet?

yes
my lord

and from
a distance
did they come
did the boy
bathe in the blood
of baptism's
lies?

yes
my lord

soiled in the
ugly fate
of men bitter
we are
you and I
and
the boy

yes
my lord

then come
let us drink
the sweet fruit
our temporary
antidote
and tell me

yes
my lord

every detail
every sight
and sound
and in this way
honor
integrity fallen
and . . .

yes
my lord?

integrity
fallen

6 comments:

Athena Marie said...

Hmmmm. Intriguing.

Trée said...

As are you Athena. :-)

Autumn said...

Intriguing is precisely the word, this feels like a beginning though it is a continuance, so to speak, one is left with a considerable sense, unrelated to the request given and answers not written, of more to come. Absorbing, and such wonderful language.

Trée said...

Thanks Sunshine. I'm still thinking of changing the word order on the last two words.

Anonymous said...

This gives me chills down my spine!I am liking the language though, you.

Trée said...

SarahA, thank you for the kind words. :-)