Friday, August 11, 2006

Pamarita Weekend

A toast to all my wonderful friends. Have a safe and joyful weekend. And Terry, try not to be part of the food chain. :-)

Sweetest Sunshine, you and your dad remain in my thoughts and prayers. May you find some level of peace this weekend and don't forget your promise. Poppet is watching.

Trace, congrats on the new job. I'm sure you'll be a magnificent Ms Tubey.

Leigh, get some miles in for me this weekend. I think of you on every hill I climb. I don't have the stuff for Sangrias so Pamaritas it is.

Oliviah, come watch Venus with me. We can smile and laugh together. Whenever I see her sing I think of your fabulous smile you shared with us a few weeks ago. I see so much joy in that smile.

Jenni and DJB, keep rawking on those Apo pieces. You have both surpassed my abilities ten fold. I'm enjoying the show.

Chicky, I think I'm ready for the beach and a little somthin somthin warm and enticing. Age only matters to those who believe that it does. Of course, after a few Pama's, it won't matter at all. :-)

Aggie, I've missed you posting more than you know this week. Hope and trust all is well. Thanks so much for introducing me to Venus Hum. I've got a special Pamarita mix prepared just for 10pm. See you there.

Keshi, my dear southern angel, drinks on the bridge tonight. Glad you called the hunt off. I didn't like feeling guilty. :-D

Sweetk, a toast to all things new and a toast to keeping our eyes looking forward. I miss you bbb. :-)

OB, your post on clutter hit close to home. Could be why its a time for a toast or two.

Deb, Pamaritas are great for a dry heat. And after a few, storms don't much matter anymore. :-)

Y, did you notice Pama is red? You bring the black. We won't need much more.

Helen, peace to you my friend. Join me in a toast to those who have touched our lives in ways we can never repay.

Alex, welcome back to blogland. That alone calls for a toast.

Linny, I've got beer too if you prefer a brew. Or we can just hit the Blue Bell. :-D

Liz, my dear friend, a toast to sons and a toast to friendship. I think of you often and wish I had more time for tea and cookies.

Kel, my dear philosophical babe with a heart of pure gold, join me on the deck for a toast as we watch the birds come in for evening.

Christa, a toast to bug spray. Haven't seen you since your bug report. Hope to see you around again soon and that all is well.

Jack, a toast to aliens and to Italians or was that redundant? Just kidding. All the best with your studies.

Melly, a toast to all those in harm's way. Your posting from the war has touched me in ways I don't know how to put into words. My heart is with you and Kate. I think of you both everyday and pray for peace.

Saffy, a toast to blog links. You know I was your first. :-)

Karen, Jack and I would like to invite you for a special, hands on toast, to all things wise and wonderful.

Meg, any woman who takes no shiott in the pastry shop is worth a toast or two to me. Thanks for all your wonderfully kind words.

Lisa, a toast to long comments. I do miss having you around.

David, a toast to introspection, to music, to gardens and to love. I'm still working on how to articulate the sound of silence. :-)

Jar, a toast to old friends. I can't listen to Sarah without thinking of you my friend.

Sherri, put on that cottontail and bring your toothbrush. Backstage pass awaits and plenty of carrots. Or at least one. Do you really need more? :-)

Super J, a toast to margarita machines! What would a Pamarita be without one. Stay safe, my friend, as the Hurricane season approaches.

Olaf, hell of a pic you put up today. That alone deserves a toast. An another for the lass.

And a toast to all those who lurk here. Comments are always welcomed but I say,
to each their own. I'm just flattered that you guys stop by on a regular basis.

And last but not least, a toast to the poor souls that should be on my list that I've left off. No harm intended. Promise. Mean it. :-)

55 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think one carrot is all I need. ;)

Trée said...

Ooooh, that's good since all I've got at the moment is just the one. :-D

Trée said...

Oh, and Sherri, my carrot is not cooked so its still rather hard. I hope that's okay. Do you like them hard?

Anonymous said...

absolutely! Nothing beats a nice firm carrot.

Trée said...

I've always felt a good hard carrot was healthier than one soft from over-cooking with all the nutrients drained, and I'm all for eating right. I think they're good for the gums too, when hard that is.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Good for the gums?? Like, a doggie biscuit for bunnies? :D

Trée said...

Exactly! I love it when we are on the same page. I can feel the synergy building. :-D

You do want healthy gums don't you? LMAO, don't think I've ever closed on that line before. Is it working? :-D

Anonymous said...

LOL! Perhaps if I were a dentist?

Trée said...

Well, we could always pretend. Do you think you could wear the white smockie thing. Helps keep the carrot in its natural state. For your health, of course.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, that's so nice of you to say! You know, I should be in Spain now on another holiday but unfortunately, with all the current troubles with travel, my flight has been cancelled until Monday.

And that's the perfect excuse to go cycling tomorrow for a couple of hours!

I always remember the post you made about your downhill speed, I was so impressed by that!

A toast to you, (Pamaritas and then a Sangria!) have a wonderful weekend - I'll get some extra miles in for you!

:-)

Trée said...

Oh Leigh, my days of trying to set a new speed record are over. One crash, one infection, one surgery was all it took to remind me no one was paying me any money to go fast. :-D

I'll be on my bike tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you too. Up and down and up and down and then up and down again.

Sorry to hear about your travel plans. Seems it is easy to forget we are at war in the cozy lives we live far from the front lines.

A toast to you my dear. A toast to the saddle and the thrill of the ride. Let us both be sweaty and breathless, on our rides. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the toast -- I've still got to get out pick up some of that to try that Pama Mojito I've been lusting after...maybe for my last weekend before heading back to the grind....

Trée said...

OB, you won't be disappointed. Grease the wheels before the grind. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great post, and thanks, I'm so excited to actually be getting my own classroom and getting to teach, hmmmm that means more papers to grade LOL

hope you have a great weekend too my friend, cheers :0)

Trée said...

Trace, you are going to do great. I consider the paper grading, with cateye glasses of course, to be a bonus. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tree. And a toast to you as well - that Pama looks mighty tasty.

Trée said...

A Chianti next time Jack. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kudo's but I'm not there yet, T. Take care and have a great weekend.

Trée said...

DJB, I've seen you make great strides with Apo. Where you are is never as important as where you are headed, and you are getting better and better by the day. I have really enjoyed your images of late. Very inspiring stuff. Don't sell yourself short.

All the best DJB.

Anonymous said...

And a wonderful weekend to you my friend! I toast to your class and sincerity. I toast to your creativity and spirit. I toast to your life.
Peace................

Trée said...

Helen, with a comment like that you are going to make me have to get the mosheen out again tonight. :-)

Thank you for sharing a piece of the beauty of you through a few words that have brightened my day. Peace.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post, Tree! Sorry I'm late to the party. After a couple of those, or I'll be saying is "another please!"

Trée said...

Chicky, I'd be happy to serve you another and then another and then, well, you know I can't let you drive home so you'll have to stay the night. :-)

Anonymous said...

I remember you too,: ("Jar, a toast to old friends. I can't listen to Sarah without thinking of you my friend".)
Thanks, not only for the text of Sarah.

Trée said...

Jar, always good to have you stopping by. You, Sarah and the Prayer of St Francis will forever be linked in my mind. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is SUCH A WARM POST from u Tre, HUGGGGGGGZ! What a brilliant way to quickly catch up with ur blog-mates..so sweet!

**Keshi, my dear southern angel, drinks on the bridge tonight. Glad you called the hunt off. I didn't like feeling guilty

lol ok now why did u have to feel guilty b4?


Keshi.

Trée said...

So good to see you my dear southern angel. As for the guilt, well, I didn't want to be responsible for you taking your eye off the ball so to speak. :-D But now that the hunt is off, all is fair game. :-)

Have a great guilt-free week. :-)

Anonymous said...

You bring a sweet tender tear to my eye, Love.

How strange and wonderous to have so many friends, without ever havng met.

Trée said...

Morning Kel. Just walked back in from filling my four bird feeders in the backyard. Perfect timing. :-)

Blogging is like having penpals, but just a lot faster. I'm still comtemplating just what these blogging relationships are, but I do know they have added much joy to my life in ways unique to blogging. One example is my story. No one that knows me (family, friends, co-workers, etc) seems to give a rats about the story (to be fair, some have said sci-fi is not their cup of tea, others just don't like reading anything on a computer screen, and still others have come to the story late and seem lost).

The story, however, is fueled by comments. I'd like to tell you if I was in a cabin all by myself with just pen and paper that I would be writing about Kyra and Zeke but I don't really see that happening. I don't need to write the story to imagine it, to see it, to feel it. Blogging, for me, involves connection and relationship, not just an online version of my journal. That connection, that relation happens in comments. Take away the comments, and for me, you take away my main reason for blogging.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, life only has meaning in relationship and I mean "relationship" in the capital R version, which is to say in the philosophical context of the word. Ask yourself this question: If there was only you in the universe--no other living creature, no higher entity, just the earth the stars and you, what would your life mean? Where would you base ethics and morality? And what would be Love? If there is just you in the world, I ask again, what would be love?

Well, as you can see, I need more coffee. :-D

Have a great day my dear friend. See what you do to me, and you don't even try. :-D

Anonymous said...

Darling BBB, I am sorry I didn't see this on Friday...but I'm also kind of glad. Your sweet words have made my Monday morning. You got the first smile of the day out of this girl. :)

Trée said...

Top of the Morn bbb! Your smile is making me smile. Amazing how it works that way. And they are free. How much better can you get than that! :-D

Have a great week my sweet bbb.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to start the day... I love your post. Never had Pamaritas before - it looks mouthwatering. Thanks for your fun Trée, for your quick wit, your humorous comments, and your many talents which you share with us. I'm so glad I am not the only one in the universe - blogosphere buddies make the world go round :-D

Trée said...

Terry, I've had more fun blogging than I ever imagined and there is one reason--folks like you. :-)

I stand to reason if you are commenting then you survived the adventure. I'll be over shortly to look for an update. I've got a feeling somehow food will be part of your story. Ahh, what is it about a campfire that just makes food taste better. :-)

Anonymous said...

tee hee - haven't got to the food part yet :-D Soon...

I am a sucker for cooking outside, and this was no exception. Lovely food. And all that delicious smelling woodsmoke blowing in my hair, up my nose, in my eyes... I can safely say my diet was blown to smithereens.

Trée said...

Oooh, woodsmoke. Such memories. My favorite time of the year to ride is late fall. Not too cold, leaves turning, jacket and gloves and the sight of fireplaces burning with real wood. The smell is absolutely wonderful and one of the reasons I love being on my bike out in the countryside. :-)

Anonymous said...

**As for the guilt, well, I didn't want to be responsible for you taking your eye off the ball so to speak

hahaha ok got ya now. ur such a heart-breaker Tre ;-)

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

Cheers Big Ears! :-D
Lol, sorry, but that's my standard one.
Sweet, darling post, made me (and everyone else) smile wide and that is the very thing I adore most about you, the very many smiles you spread around. :-)
A toast to one of the sweetest people I've ever encountered, wishing you a life filled with loving reflections!

Trée said...

Well, if I'm making someone smile then I'm doing the good work. :-)

Afternoon sweetest. I had a feeling you might be on today. I'll be over in a bit to see if there is an update. Oh, and who is everyone else you are showing my blog to? ;-)

Anonymous said...

:-D

Anonymous said...

And a very hands-on toast to you and Jack too. I *raise* my glass to you both. What a beautiful post!! Thank you for including me...

You and Jack deserve extra special, tight squeezes and HUGS for that. ;-)

Trée said...

Ooh Karen, I think I like the sound of those extra tight squeezes and hugs. We must have Pamarita Weekend more often if this is the result. :-D

Anonymous said...

What a great big hug you gave us all! Cheers! I like what you said, "life only has meaning in relationship". How empty life would be if we all had to walk alone.

Trée said...

Oliviah, it was my pleasure. I feel rich in blogger friends and value and treasure them all. :-)

As "Venus" might say, "I Feel Love." :-D

Anonymous said...

and a toast to having so many good friends to toast to!

Trée said...

X Bunny, I'll toast to that. I've been blessed with so many wonderful souls who have stopped by and shared a little bit of their lives here. Without them, I don't think this blog would have survived; and for that, I am grateful. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm all for more of those weekends ;-) You and Jack deserve them as well.

Trée said...

If you insist. :-D

For anyone that is reading this comment, go check out some of the most fantastic photography on Karen's site. Girlfriend has a gift. :-)

Stargazer said...

Ah, you are so right. The storms don't matter anymore. I'm a little late in posting, but I do hope you had a wonderful weedend!

Trée said...

No worries Deb, you've made it just in time to the next weekend. :-D

Yemanja said...

Ummm, tree, you think of every thing darlin'!!

Trée said...

I do try sweetie. Did you bring the black?

Yemanja said...

Ha! Of course darlin'...I would never want to disappoint you! As you know, I aim to pleasure... ;-D

Trée said...

And your aim is always dead-on. :-D

tsduff said...

Well, I think blogger is having a "moment", as when I tried to go to your site via my own link, this is where it led. Perfect timing though - because last night I was in the store and actually saw this stuff for the first time. I didn't buy it - but I wanted to, remembering these good old days over here at DT. Say, how exactly DO you make one of those Parmaritas? And why am I back in time? :-D

Jack B. said...

Thank you for your best wishes, Tree. Same back at you!